The latest update to the Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 has arrived as Nougat. Here, we will demonstrate you on how to Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7 (2016) right away.
The update was rumored to be in testing for over month now. While everybody seems to be excited about Android Oreo, it seems like Samsung took quite a lot of time to bring Nougat firmware on Galaxy J7, almost a year after the release. Currently, the update carries the version numbers J710FXXU3BQHE and J710FNDDU1BQH7 which is targetted for Asia, Europe and UAE regions.
Table of Contents
How to Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7
The update has already started rolling out over-the-air. To check it on your J7, go to Settings > About phone > System Update to check if you have received it yet. If your device has still not received the update yet and you’re keen on having it on your device instantly, then you can manually install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7 (2016).
The update method involves flashing Android Nougat firmware on Galaxy J7 through ODIN program. The firmware files are available through SamMobile.com.
Download the latest Android Nougat firmware on Galaxy J7 (2016) according to the model and carrier of your device.
- Android Nougat Firmware for Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (SM-J710FXXU3BQHE): Download Link | Mirror Link
- Android Nougat Firmware for Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (SM-J710FNDDU1BQH7): Download Link | Mirror Link
Note: This installation process is only for Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016). Do not try this method with any other device and make sure to download the correct files according to your phone’s model number. We will not be responsible for any harm to your device.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before you head over to installing the update.
- Charge your device battery at least 60% to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Extract the downloaded firmware file (Example: J710FNDDU1BQH7_J710FNODD1BQH6_INS.zip) to an easily accessible location on your desktop.
- Download the Odin tool and extract its content on the desktop. Now, double-click on “Odin3 v3.12.7.exe” to launch the Odin program.
- Now, Power Off your Samsung Galaxy J7. Once it has powered Off, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Download mode.
- You will be prompted with a warning, so confirm it by pressing the Volume Up button.
- Connect your phone to the PC/laptop using USB cable.
- The Odin window will now display the “ID:COM” port corresponding to your phone.
- Then, click on “AP” button and select the firmware file (Example: J710FNDDU1BQH7_J710FNODD1BQH6_J710FNDDU1BQH7_HOME.tar.md5).
- Finally, click on “Start” button to proceed installation and wait until the process finishes.
- Once the firmware is installed, you will see PASS! Message in Odin window.
- Now, unplug your phone and wait until your phone reboots.
Done! You have succeeded to install Android Nougat Firmware on Samsung galaxy J7 (2016). Now, go through the device setup and enjoy the all new Nougat features.
More for you –
- How to Install Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920C/G/8)
- Install Galaxy Note 8 Apps on Any Samsung Device
- Download Samsung Galaxy S7 Wallpapers Right Now!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any problem regarding installation then, feel free to drop a comment below and don’t forget to share with others too.