Now is the time to Install LineageOS 15 ROM and enjoy Android Oreo on LG G6. Follow the guide below to get it right now!
Following the hit of LG G5, LG released the LG G6. It was launched with Android 7.0 (Nougat), it is well anticipated that Android 8.0 Oreo will first hit the LG G6 smartphone. Though it already seems like several OEM device users are already enjoying Oreo. If You would like to test the latest features on your own device, then we have some goodness for you too. Thanks to the custom ROM developers over at XDA, who made it possible to try and explore the brand new version of Android Oreo on LG G6 through LineageOS ROM.
Android Oreo is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features like Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji design, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc.. So today we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 on LG G6 (h870).
If you love custom ROMs, LineageOS is one of the hottest custom OS in Android history. As we all know, Lineage is maintained by Lineage group (formerly, CyanogenMod), the folks behind Cyanogen Inc. Lately, LineageOS has now reported being achieved 1 million installations worldwide.
- How to Install LG V30 Camera App on LG G6 (Port)
- How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android Oreo
- Enable Notification Importance Controls on Android 8.0
- How to Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
- How to Install Custom Themes on Android Oreo without Root
- Android Oreo Substratum Themes Support List
LG G6 LineageOS 15 is based on the latest version of Android 8.0 Oreo. Android Oreo is been now released just for the Google Pixel along with Nexus device and we could anticipate the official roll of Android Oreo for the majority of the other devices in the conclusion of 2017 or before June 2018.
Now, let’s get over to the instructions to install Android Oreo on LG G6
Install Android Oreo on LG G6 using LineageOS 15
Because this is the initial phase, the official builds aren’t yet released. This build may not function as a daily driver as you anticipate. However, you can try this Lineage OS 15 ROM on LG G6 and flavor the latest Android 8.0 Oreo. Follow the below-detailed guide to install Android Oreo on LG G6 using LineageOS ROM.
Step 1: Pre-Requirements
- Your LG G6 must have an unlocked bootloader: Tutorial
- TWRP recovery must be installed on the G6: Download Link
- Make sure that your device has over 50% battery.
- You will lose the original ROM or some other CUSTOM ROM that you already have installed. So be certain to backup your phone completely and take Nandroid backup of the ROM: Tutorial
Step 2: Download LineageOS 15 ROM for LG G6
Step 3: Install Android Oreo on LG G6
- First of all download the files in the download section.
- Connect your G6 to the PC and move the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding the Power and Volume down buttons.
- Now select “Wipe” and then “Advanced Wipe”. Select the following options in the wipe menu:
- Dalvik/ART Cache
- Then swipe the button on the bottom to wipe the LG G6.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and select “Install”. Browse the G6’s storage and select the ROM zip file (lineage-15.0-20170904-UNOFFICIAL-h870.zip).
- Once you have selected the Zip file, Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the display to begin the custom ROM installation procedure. This might take some time.
- When your ROM is successfully flashed, follow step #6 and #7 again and flash the GApps package this time.
- When all the flashing processes are complete, press the “Reboot System” button. Your G6 will boot into the latest Android version with LineageOS 15 ROM.
So now that you have installed Android Oreo on LG G6, you can take advantage of mostly all Android Oreo features, including Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification channels, adaptive icons, and more.
In case if you have any doubt, query or suggestion then please write in the comments section.