Want to enjoy S6 Edge features on your Note 5? Okay, so we will help you enable Edge features on Galaxy Note 5. Read below on how to do it.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and Note 5 may belong to the same generation, but there’s a huge difference between the two, one of the major ones is the edge screen technology offered by the S6 Edge. Note 5 is good, and the Stylus makes it even great. But why limit yourself now?
Applauds for XDA members – Androidwizzard and thereassaad, who have worked hard collaboratively to create this cool MOD. You can now enable the same edge features from the S6 Edge+, on your Note 5. Well, the most happening downside would still be, that the Note 5 doesn’t have a curved screen. Apart from that, the functions work just the same way, but with the flat screen, in this case. So you will indeed get some feel of it.
So what do you get precisely? The edge notifications, you can swipe the edge to launch apps, open edge contacts, and circular contact actions, and you will also have the ability to choose whether to swipe out the edge from left or right. Install it and you find the other features yourself. Please note that News Line and Night Clock won’t work.
Enable Edge Features On Galaxy Note 5
The MOD currently support – N920C, N920L, other variants would support in the future, for sure.
TWRP must be installed on your Note 5 to flash this MOD. You can grab it from TWRP website, and flash it using Odin flasher. Also, since the MOD uses modified framework files, you must have a deodexed ROM installed, the best would be dr.ketan’s ROM (How to Flash Custom ROM on Android). It is strongly recommended to take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case you want to go back for some reason, or it doesn’t work on your variant. Now, moving
It is strongly recommended to take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case you want to go back for some reason, or if it doesn’t work on your variant. Now, moving onto the installation.
- Download the MOD from the XDA thread, or directly get it from here.
- Connect your device to the PC using USB cable, in MTP mode.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your phone’s storage. Now disconnect your Note 5 and power it off completely.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode – Simultaneously, press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power keys until you see the phone’s screen light up. Your phone will enter TWRP recovery mode now.
- Once you are in TWRP, go to Install. Browse and find the “Edge+feature_forN5_20151109.zip” file you have earlier transferred.
- Now, swipe the “Swipe to confirm Flash” button on the bottom of the screen.
- The process will finish within a matter of seconds. When done, tap on Reboot System.
Okay, that’s it! You have just enabled edge features from the Galaxy S6 Edge+ on your Galaxy Note 5.
If you have issues, you can comment, or visit the source link below to the XDA thread for better support. Isn’t it lovely how you can cross-use functions of one device on the other? Pay your appreciations to the developer and contributors who brought this MOD to your beloved Android smartphone.
More for you: