Asus is now pushing Android Oreo update for another Zenfone series devices. This post will help you download the latest update and manually install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL and ZE520KL.
Like several other Android OEMs, Asus is also picking up the pace to release the latest Android version for its front-line devices. Oreo update has already rolled out to the Asus Zenfone 4, which was released in October, last year. The company is quickly getting a hold of other devices as well. The most recent one of which is the Zenfone 3. The new software brings in several new changes and improvements over the previous Android version. The update will be rolling out to every user in the coming days. But if you’re not much into waiting, then follow the steps below to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3.
Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL
The Zenfone 3 series was released back in 2016, with the ZE552KL model sporting a 5.5-inches display. The ZE520KL, on the other hand, offers a 5.2-inches display. Apart from that, both the devices follow the same aluminum design along with other hardware specs. On the software terms, both the models came out with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and can now be upgraded to Android Oreo.
Android Oreo update was announced on 29 January at the Zentalk forums. The new build is already rolling out over-the-air (OTA) on a worldwide scale. Zenfone 3 users can now expect to enjoy a much better software experience. Users who have already updated are in favor of the new design and the Oreo-exclusive features. Before you head down to the instructions and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3, take a look at the changes and new features offered in this update.
- The overall UI has been given a retouch with Oreo design elements for a better experience.
- The launcher now follows a similar functionality as that of the Pixel 2 launcher. You can simply swipe up to access the app drawer.
- Android Oreo features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Dots, New emojis, Instant Apps, Smart Text Selection, Autofill Framework, and more.
For more information on the features, click here.
The update should reach out to the devices in coming days. For those who want to manually install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3, can follow the instructions below. The manufacturer has already pushed the full OTA image to the servers. The user can download the zip and sideload it on their device.
- Your Asus Zenfone 3 must be on firmware build WW_14.2020.1712.85.
- Take a complete backup of your personal data before you install the update. We suggest that you follow our extensive guide to backup Android devices.
- Also, charge your phone to at least 50-60% battery level.
Download Asus Zenfone 3 Android Oreo OTA
Make sure to get the OTA update zip for your specific model. Flashing the wrong firmware could brick your phone.
- ZE552KL: UL-ASUS_Z012D-WW-15.0410.1712.31-user.zip
- ZE520KL: UL-ASUS_Z017D_1-WW-15.0410.1712.31-user.zip
Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL
- First, grab the OTA zip file from the links above and move it to the phone’s storage.
- Then boot your device into stock recovery.
- Finally, use the ‘Apply update from SD card‘ option to install Asus Zenfone 3 Android Oreo update.
You can also follow our detailed guide on how to sideload OTA updates on your Zenfone 3.
Once the update is installed, reboot your device and enjoy the upgraded Android version on your Asus device. So, go ahead and enjoy all the hefty new features like PiP mode, Notification Channels, Autofill Framework, and more. You have just been able to download and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL and ZE520KL. If you have any questions regarding the update, kindly leave them in the comments section below.