While the globe is expecting for Android Oreo Update on their devices, Samsung has finally released Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo. Just go through this guide to install and update your S5 Neo to Nougat.
While people are in a rush to install Android Oreo on their devices, Samsung is picking up with Nougat updates. The S5 Neo was launched 2 Years ago in two different models – Canadian and European. Of the two, the SM-G903W is now getting to taste Nougat.
The update has already started rolling out over-the-air. So go to Settings > About phone > System Update to check if you have got it yet or not. If your device has still not received the update yet, then follow this guide to manually install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W.
Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo
This installation process is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903W. Please do not try this method with any other device. Please make sure the model number before installation. We will not be responsible for any harm to your device.
Download the latest Android Nougat firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo according to the model and carrier of your device.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Nougat firmware for SM-G903W – Download
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Nougat firmware for SM-G903F – Download (Nougat 7.0 firmware is not available right now)
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before you head over to installing the update.
- Charge your device battery at least 60% to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging on your Android device.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
Install Android Nougat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
- Extract the firmware file (SM-G903W_1_20170811131439_tzcy7fghip.zip) to an easily accessible location on your PC.
- Download the Odin tool and extract its content on the desktop. Go to the folder and double-click on “Odin3 v3.12.7.exe” to launch the Odin program.
- Now power off your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. After it has powered off, press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons for 2-3 seconds until you see the Download mode. You will be prompted with a warning, so confirm it by pressing the Volume Up key.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- The Odin window will now display the ID:COM port corresponding to your phone.
- Now, to install Nougat firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo, add the downloaded files in Odin as given below.
- Click on BL button and select “BL_G935VVZW4BQA2_CL10273029_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5“.
- Click on AP button and select “AP_G935VVZW4BQA2_CL10273029_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5”.
- Click on CP button and select “CP_G935VVZW4BQA2_CL10273029_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5”.
- Click on CSC button and select “CSC_OXA_G935VVZW4BQA2_CL10273029_REV00_user_ship.tar.md5”.
- Finally, click on Start button to proceed further and wait until the process completed.
- After successful installation, you will see PASS! Message in Odin window.
- Now, unplug your phone and wait until it reboots.
Done. You have successfully installed Android Nougat firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo. Enjoy the latest Nougat features on your device now! If you have any problem or query regarding installation then, feel free to comment below.