Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W has arrived for the Canadian region! Follow this guide to install Nougat Firmware on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W right now!
It has been a very long time since the Galaxy A5 2017 received Nougat update in Russia. And now the update has been rolled out for Galaxy A5 2017 for the users in Canada. This year, it has already rolled out the nougat for various other regions including India and South Korea. Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 is incorporated by Android 6.0 for both single and Dual SIM variants. The official Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W is coming via OTA, labeled with build number A520WVLU1BQI1. The update will bring all the features of Android 7.0 Nougat on your device.
- Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S5 Neo
- Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy J7 2016
- How to Install ViPER4Android on Nougat 7.0 & 7.1
- Install Nougat-based HydrogenOS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W
The approx size of the OTA update is approximately 2.3 GB, which is considerably large. You can check if the update has already reached your device by going to Settings> About phone > Software Update. There may be a case that you cannot find the appropriate update for your device. In that case, you can manually download and install Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W using this detailed guide.
The latest version after the update might seem somewhat similar to the previous version. But you will feel the change in overall stability, battery life, and the performance.
- This guide is specially dedicated to Install Stock A520WVLU1BQl1 Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 2017 Canada SM-A520W. Do not try this on any other device or variant.
- Charge your A5 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any disruptions during the update process.
- Take a full backup of your device before you update: Tutorial
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed Samsung drivers on your PC: Download Samsung USB Drivers
- ODIN V3: Here
- Download the Nougat Firmware for Galaxy A5 SM-A520W according to the carrier:
- XAC: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Rogers: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Fido Mobile: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- SaskTel: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Bell Mobile: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Globalive Wind Mobile: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Videotron: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Koodo Mobile: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- EastLink: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Virgin Mobile: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
- Telus: A520WVLU1BQI1 | Mirror
Guide to Install Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W
- First of all, you will need to download and extract the Odin tool from the download section.
- Make a new folder and extract the files to it on your desktop.
- Now simply download all the official firmware files according to your region, from the downloads section and extract the files to the same folder where Odin is present.
- Once done, pick up your phone and navigate to Settings > Developer options and enable the “USB debugging” setting.
- Switch off your phone and restart it into the download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- You will have a screen with an exclamation mark, press Volume Up button to proceed further.
- Launch the ODIN software on your PC and connect your Phone with USB cable. You will see the ID:COM port highlighted on the Odin software screen. Leave every other option in ODIN exactly how it is.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see the options to insert the firmware files. Select the corresponding files for each button as you extracted.
- BL-BL_A520WVLU1BQI1_CL11940524_QB14483550_REV00_user_ low_ship.tar.md5
- AP-AP_A520WOYA1BQI1_CL11940524_QB14483550_REV00_user_ low_ship_meta.tar.md5
- CP-CP_A520WVLU1BQI1_CP7025068_CL11926776_QB14345799_R EV00_user_low_ship.tar
- CSC-HOME_CSC_OXE_A520WVLU1BQI1_CL11926776_QB14345799_REV00_use r_low_ship.tar
- Note that the file names shall differ depending upon the firmware region. Make sure that you only flash the files corresponding to your region.
- Once you have selected all the files, begin the update process by clicking on the “Start” button to start the update process.
- You will get a “PASS” message when firmware files of Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W are successfully installed. Now your device will automatically reboot.
The first boot after the update might take some time, so be patient and let it go through its course.
So, you are done with installing Android Nougat on Galaxy A5 SM-A520W. Go ahead and enjoy all the new Nougat features on your A5 now! If you liked the article, please share it to your social media channels. And in case if you have any doubt or query please write us in the comments section.