Asus Zenfone 3 users can now enjoy the leaked Android 8.0 Oreo Beta firmware based on ZenUI 4.0. In this article, we will talk about the update and how you can install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL.
Asus is making its debut into the Android Oreo scene with Beta releases for its Zenfone series. But the Beta program is not available to the general public. The manufacturer has been internally testing the new update to make sure that a more stable and usable build is rolled out. The new update will be based on ZenUI 4.0 offering a much cleaner interface, AI-powered gallery and much more. If you’re really keen and can overlook the bugs in the Beta firmware, then follow the steps below to install Android Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3.
- How to Install Android Oreo ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5
- How to Use Autofill on Android Oreo 8.0
- Android Oreo Substratum Themes Support List
Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL
Several OEMs including Samsung, HTC, OnePlus, and Sony are ready to brace Android Oreo update for their flagship devices. By the looks of it, other OEMs are also joining the group. And in this case, it is Asus. The smartphone manufacturer is recognized for its Zenfone series. Apparently, Asus seems to be rolling out ZenUI 4.0 update to the Zenfone 3 Max. However, the release is still based on Android Nougat.
Official Android 8.0 Oreo update has been announced for the device: Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL/ZE520KL)
On the other hand, XDA member OreoBooyah has leaked out the beta build for the users. So users can now install Android Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL. The original poster is the alleged the Beta tester for the said device. He has provided the OTA package, which can be sideloaded using the stock recovery.
The build is exclusively meant for the ZE552KL model. There is still no news on when it shall be available for Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. Users over at XDA have already installed the Beta firmware and reported that it is being quite stable for daily usage.
- Asus Zenfone 3 must be running 14.2020.1711.75 firmware and should not be rooted.
- The instructions will help you install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3 using stock and TWRP recoveries.
- If you’re going to use TWRP, make sure that you download and install TWRP Oreo test build: twrp-3.2.3-zenfone3-20180806.img
- Make sure to take a complete backup and possibly the Nandroid backup of current ROM using TWRP. You may follow our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC.
Download Zenfone 3 Android Oreo Beta OTA
Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL
- Download the Beta OTA zip from the links above.
- Copy the “WW_15.0410.1711.6.zip” to C:\adb folder, where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here’ from the menu.
- The CMD/PowerShell window will open on the PC.
- Next, boot your Asus Zenfone 3 into stock/TWRP recovery:
- Power down the device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button.
- In stock recovery, use the Volume keys to highlight “Apply update from ADB” and select it using the Power button.
- If you’re using TWRP recovery, go to ‘Advanced’ » ‘ADB Sideload’ and swipe the button on the screen.
- Once your device is in sideload mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- Enter the following command to install Android Oreo Beta on Asus Zenfone 3.
adb sideload WW_15.0410.1711.6.zip
- The installation process shall begin. It might take a few minutes to complete, so hold back.
- Once the process is complete, select ‘Reboot system now’ option in the recovery.
Your device will boot into the updated Oreo firmware based on ZenUI 4.0. Check out all the new features including Autofill framework, Picture-in-Picture mode, etc.
You have just been able to install Asus Zenfone 3 Android Oreo Beta Update. If you have any questions regarding the installation process, comment below to ask us.