Want to try out the latest Android version and its features? Follow this guide to easily install Android Oreo on Honor V9 by flashing EMUI 18.104.22.1685.
Several OEMs have already got their hands behind the desk to bring Android Oreo to their respective flagship devices. These include Sony, Samsung, LG, Motorola, and it seems like Huawei is not far behind. Rather, the manufacturer has been extensively testing Oreo for its top line of devices. Only users who are enrolled in the testing program can have access to the update. But now, any user can have access to it and install Android Oreo on Honor V9 DUK-AL20.
Check out more on Oreo:
- How to Install Custom Themes on Android Oreo without Root
- Android Oreo Custom ROMs List for Popular Devices – Find Yours Now!
- How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android Oreo
- How to Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
Android Oreo on Honor V9 with EMUI 22.214.171.1245
The Oreo update is part of the new stock firmware version labeled EMUI 8.0, which will include all the new features with the added touch of proprietary Huawei UI and apps. XDA senior member – XN Logos has shared the Android Oreo-based EMUI 126.96.36.1995 build for the users out there. The official changelog for which, you can check here.
There is still no news (officially) on when Huawei plans on releasing the update for the regular public. But, with this available build, we expect to see the update roll out soon enough. Anyways, until that comes, you can use this guide to install Android Oreo on Honor V9 by flashing EMUI 188.8.131.525 using TWRP.
Now, before you head over to the instructions, it is important that you fulfill all the requirements below.
The files and instructions below are specifically meant for the Honor V9, which is the international variant of the Honor 8 Pro. Do not try this method or the files on the Honor 8 Pro. You might end up bricking your device.
We will not be held responsible for any damage to your device whilst or after following these instructions to install Android Oreo on Honor V9. Although, we can assure that the method is confirmed to be working on the said device.
- Updating using this method will not wipe your device. But, we will strongly advise you to take a full backup first. Just in case anything goes wrong. You can follow our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- You must first unlock bootloader on Honor V9.
- Your device must have TWRP recovery installed.
- The Honor V9 must be running stock EMUI firmware.
- Charge your Honor V9 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any disturbance during the update process.
Steps to Install Android Oreo on Honor V9
- Start by downloading all the three files listed in the Downloads section above.
- Once downloaded, connect your Honor V9 to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer all the three *.zip files to the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and power it off.
- Now, boot into TWRP recovery mode:
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously, until you see the Huawei logo.
- Once you see the logo, release the Volume Up key and hold on to the Power button only.
- Your Honor V9 should now be in TWRP recovery.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ menu. Browse the phone’s storage and select the ‘update.zip’ file.
- Once the file has been selected, tap on ‘Add more Zips’ button. Then select the ‘update_full_DUK-AL20_all_cn.zip’ file.
- Now, do the same again and this time, select the ‘update_data_full_public.zip’ file.
- Finally, when all the files have selected in the mentioned order, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to flash EMUI 184.108.40.2065 and install Android Oreo on Honor V9.
- Once all the files have been flashed, tap the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your Honor V9 should now boot into the updated Oreo firmware. Go ahead and try out all the new features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Autofill framework, Background limit, Notification dots, Instant Apps, and more.
If you face any problems while updating your device using this method, then kindly reach out to us through the comments.