Hey, good news if you are owning Lenovo A6000/Plus. The latest Android 8.0 Oreo is now available for the Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus, unofficially. Take a look at this guide on how to install Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus right now.
Lenovo A6000/Plus finally received the Android Oreo update after a long wait, but unofficially. The device was launched in 2015 with Android 4.4 KitKat and Snapdragon 410. But it hasn’t had the fate to enjoy the latest updates anymore. But that doesn’t mean the development stops there, at least that’s not what people at XDA believe. If you also own the Lenovo A6000/Plus, then head over to the tutorial below.
- Android Oreo Custom ROMs List for Popular Devices
- How to Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
- Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP on Lenovo Zuk Z1
- How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android Oreo
- How to Install Custom Themes on Android Oreo without Root
Install Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus
The ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus is developed by XDA member – dev_harsh1998, we really appreciate the great work he has done. The device has long lost its official update support but using this AOSP-based ROM, you will be able to use the latest Android version – Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus.
The current builds are highly functional and enable you to use almost every basic function of the phone. There are merely any major hiccups that might alter your decision otherwise. Just have a look at the list below to know what’s working and what’s not on this ROM.
- Ambient display
- Doze mode
Apart from these, there’s just a minor hurdle. With the current build, you will not be able to use WiFi Hotspot functionality. Although, it works, but could be unstable at times. And now that you know everything about the ROM, go ahead and Install Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus using this ROM.
Before you go through the instructions to install Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus, please make sure to do the things given below.
- Take a complete backup of your Android device and anything else which is important to you: Tutorial
- Make sure to charge your Lenovo A6000/Plus to a sufficient battery level to avoid sudden hiccups during the process.
- Ensure that TWRP is installed on your Lenovo A6000: Link
- Download the latest available ROM and GApps zip files from below.
- AOSP 8.0 ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus: Link
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps For Lenovo A6000/Plus: Link
Instructions to Install Android Oreo on Lenovo A6000/Plus
- Once you have downloaded the necessary files from the above, connect your phone to the PC.
- Transfer the ROM and GApps files to the phone.
- Now, power OFF your Lenovo A6000/Plus.
- Once it is done, Hold Volume Down + Power Button to Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Now, do a factory reset. To do so, Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select – Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache, System, and Data and swipe to confirm it. Wait, until it’s completed.
- Go back to the TWRP home screen, Select “Install”. Browse and select the ROM zip (AOSP-a6000-8.0-BETA-Release-20170923-1416.zip) file and “Swipe to Confirm Flash” to Flash it.
- Now, flash the GApps zip file in the same manner.
- Now tap on “Reboot System” to boot your Lenovo A6000/Plus into Android Oreo.
Done! Now, you have the latest Android Oreo software running on your Lenovo A6000/Plus. Now, Go ahead and enjoy the latest Oreo features right now.
If you have any problem or query regarding the installation process or the article, then feel free to drop your comment.