Do you want to get Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i? Then, you are at right place. This guide will instruct you to easily install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i Using LineageOS 15 right now.
Xiaomi 4i was launched in 2015 with Android Lollipop 5.0 and later, the device got official Marshmallow and Nougat update. It has a 5.5-inch display, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 CPU, 2GB RAM, and 3120 mAh nonremovable battery. Overall, the device is well built.
If you want to give a try to Android Oreo on your Mi 4i, then you can go through this guide to easily Install it right now. But, before proceeding to the instructions, you should know that the ROM is still in initial stages. So, some features might not work properly.
How to Install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i
The LineageOS 15 ROM based on Android Oreo for Xiaomi Mi 4i is brought to the users by XDA member – Shrukul. We duly appreciate his hard work and the time he has given in working on this project. The ROM holds the aim to bring increased performance, better features, and more reliability over the stock firmware. This ROM truly stands by it and has all basic functionality.
Below is the list of features that are not working with this ROM:
- SELinux is permissive
So, if you are a daily driver, then we do not recommend you to install this ROM on your device until the stable update comes. Now, over to the instructions to install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i.
Step 1: Downloads
There are some necessary files that must be downloaded before going through the installation process. So, download them from below.
Step 2: Prerequisites
- Before proceeding to the instructions, take a Complete Backup of your Android Device.
- Charge your Mi 4i to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdown during the process.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi device: Tutorial
- In order to Flash ROM, install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi device: Tutorial
Step 3: Install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Get the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps zip files from above and move them to your phone’s storage.
- Now, Power OFF your device and boot into TWRP Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- Once you enter into recovery mode, make Nandroid a backup (Recommended step).
- Go to “Wipe” > “Advanced Wipe”. Check the boxes for the following options – Cache, Data, Dalvik cache, System, and Swipe to confirm the wiping process.
- Now, go to the “Install” tab. Browse and select the ROM zip (lineage-15.0-20170911-UNOFFICIAL-ferrari.zip) file & swipe the button to flash the ROM.
- Now flash the Gapps zip file in the same manner.
- Tap on “Reboot System” to boot your Mi 4i into Android Oreo-based LineageOS ROM.
Done! Now, you have latest Android Oreo on your Xiaomi Mi 4i. Go ahead and enjoy the latest Oreo features right now.
More for you –
- Download MIUI 9 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Devices
- How To Fix Third Party Theme Error on Redmi Devices
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
If you have any problem regarding installation, then feel free to drop a comment below.