Want to install android oreo ROM on Asus Zenfone 5? In this article, we will show you how to install Android Oreo ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5. Just go through the article to get Oreo on your device right now.
Android Oreo brings a lot of awesome features & changes to Android devices. It is already rolling out to the Pixel and Nexus devices. It is quite certain that your device hasn’t received the update yet and you might have to wait for the official update. But you can still enjoy the full Oreo experience on your device with a custom ROM.
This time, the ASUS Zenfone 5 has received the first custom ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo which makes ASUS Zenfone 5 one of the first Android devices to receive Oreo unofficially.
The ROM is at its initial experimental stage, so there are a number of functions that are not working as they should. It has been brought to the public by XDA member – tank0412. You can find more information about it below.
Below is the list of some functions and features which are currently not supported by this custom ROM.
- Radio interface layer or RIL (mobile network)
- Proximity and Gyroscope sensors
The developer is working out on the issues and they will probably be fixed in upcoming updates.
More for you: Tips To Fix Android Oreo Battery Drain Problem
Now over to the things that currently work. We already know about Bluetooth problems that Oreo users are facing and you may try the fixes. But, as we are discussing the Android Oreo ROM for ASUS Zenfone 5, the following features are working well.
- This process will wipe your device completely. So, make sure that you take a full backup before stepping ahead.
- Charge your device battery at least 50-60% before going through the procedure.
- Setup your device and PC for ADB access.
How to Install Android Oreo ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5
- Download Android Oreo ROM for ASUS Zenfone 5
- Extract the contents of the ROM zip file to the folder where command prompt/Terminal window is directed to.
- Plug in your Asus Zenfone 5 to the PC via USB cable.
- Now boot your Zenfone 5 into bootloader mode by entering the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to verify your device is connected in fastboot mode:
- If your device is connected properly then you can start installing Android Oreo ROM on Asus Zenfone 5 using the following commands:
fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase cache fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your device:
The first boot might take some time, so hold back and wait for it. Once it does, go through the initial setup and start using Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone 5. So you have been successful to install Android Oreo ROM on Asus Zenfone 5. Go on, enjoy the latest features on your device.
More for you:
- How to Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4
- Install Android O Emoji on Any Android 5.0+ Devices
Are you facing any other problems with the ROM? Let us know by commenting below.