You can now update Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing an unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM which is based on Oreo. Android 8.0 Oreo has been officially launched by Google in an update recently for both Nexus and Pixel Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Developers have already begun working on building ROMs based on Oreo, and now first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for both Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 is available for downloading. This post is dedicated to Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 devices.
Vasishath, an XDA Senior Member, released the initial build of Android Oreo AOSP 8.0 ROM to get Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 along with the ROM is secure enough to use as daily driver. You want to get rooted, and TWRP installed onto your device to utilize this ROM. Download and Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 from below download links.
The ROM is based on Oreo build for Mi 3 and Mi4 and missing several features, but the developer still manages to create this ROM working. This build contains some minor bugs, and it’s improved with time. However, the great news is that you can experience Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. Download AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM to get Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 from below and Update them to Android Oreo manually.
Follow the steps right as they are mention, otherwise, you might end up bricking your device. We’re not responsible for any harm to your phone.
- This ROM is specially designed to work on Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4. Do not use this on another
- This ROM is an initial Oreo variant and contains bugs.
- It will erase all the data on your device (except Internal Storage) therefore, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- In order to flash this ROM, your device must have TWRP installed on it.
- Make certain that your phone has at least 50-60% billed to stop the accidental shut down in-between the procedure.
- Android 8.0 GApps: Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps (ARM) | Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps (ARM64)
- Magisk 13 or Above: Download
- Download and Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4: Download
Method To Install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi 3/Mi 4
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom made retrieval installed on your device then skip this step.
- Get the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Your device will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, make a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset from Go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe. Check the boxes for the following options – Cache, Data, Dalvik cache, System, and Swipe to confirm the wiping process (It will wipe internal memory thus save SuperSu and Gapps on SD card).
- Now, Go to the Install tab and find the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, flash the GApps zip file in a similar manner.
- Next, Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip.
- Finally, tap on the Wipe cache & Dalvik cache button and reboot your device.
So, by this way, you can easily install AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Mi3 and MI4. In case if you have any doubt, question or suggestion then you can write to us in the comments section.