Asus has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for another Zenfone series device. You can now download and install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo OTA update right now!
According to several online reports and Asus Zentalk forums, the Oreo update for the said device started rolling out a few days ago. The company has had a bad reputation when it comes to software updates, and it is finally making due efforts to correct it. Up until now, we have already seen Android Oreo roll out for a couple of Zenfone series phones. Today, we are talking about the Zenfone 3 Zoom that was unveiled earlier, last year. The said device came with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow initially and after more than a year since the official launch, users can now upgrade their phone to the latest Android version. If you still haven’t received the OTA, then follow the instructions below to install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo update.
Guide to Install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo Update (ZE553KL)
Earlier last week, Asus made an announcement on Twitter that the Android 8.0 Oreo update shall be incoming for a bunch of Zenfone series phones including the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom. With the OTA already available, they seem to be right on schedule. The release was officially made at the Asus Zentalk forums. According to it, the OTA rollout could take a few days to be available for devices across various regions. That’s because the new firmware is pushed according to serial numbers in batches. You can also force check for the update by going to Settings > About > System update.
Before you even install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo update, let us take a quick look at the new features and changes that you could expect.
The new firmware follows the version number V184.108.40.206. Being based on Oreo, the software will now offer all the standard Oreo features such as Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Channels, Adaptive Icons, Autofill API, and more. As per the release notes, the new upgrade acquires more space than before, so you may see a decrease in the available internal storage. Several system apps including Mini Movie, Photo Collage, and Do It Later have been removed. At last, the default launcher now offers the new swipe-up gestures to access the app drawer.
If you still haven’t received the OTA notification, then you can easily sideload the OTA ZIP using stock recovery. The instructions below will take you through the complete procedure.
Please ensure to fulfill all the requirements before you install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo OTA.
- It is highly advised to take a full backup of all the data on the phone, including the internal storage. You can also follow our Android backup guide for this.
- Charge the phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- Install Android SDK tools on the PC.
Download Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo OTA
The OTA ZIP was provided by Asus on their official device support page. You can easily sideload the firmware using stock recovery.
How to Install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo Update?
- Download the Android Oreo firmware.
- Power off the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom.
- Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously until the Asus logo appears.
- On the ‘no command’ screen, hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button once to enter recovery mode.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP to C:\adb, where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- The PowerShell window shall open on your PC.
- Next, power off your Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight ‘Apply update from ADB’ and press the Power button to select it.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, enter the following command to install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo update.
adb sideload UL-Z01H-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip
- The sideload process could take a few minutes to finish.
- Once complete, select ‘Reboot system now’.
The phone shall boot into the upgraded Oreo software. So go ahead and start exploring all the new features. Since the update is still based on ZenUI 4.0, you shall not experience any major visual changes. However, all the new features such as Autofill Framework, Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Dots, and more should be present. The manufacturer is pushing the update to the Zenfone 3 Laser as well, for which the tutorial should up very soon.
So this was our guide on how to install Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Android Oreo update. If you have any questions regarding the process mentioned in this post, then drop a comment below.