Asus is now rolling out Oreo for its Zenfone 4 Pro. In this guide, we will show you how to manually install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update right now.
While Google is planning on the next major Android version, OEMs are still gearing in to release Android Oreo for their devices. Like many others, Asus has already announced the update for a few of its top-line devices including the Zenfone 3 and Zenfone 4. It is steadily progressing further and has released the Oreo update for the Zenfone 4 Pro ZS551KL. As always, the OTA will be reaching a few users initially and will gradually roll out to all regions. Well, that’s some good news, right? Though if you’re not patient, you can follow the steps in this tutorial to manually install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update.
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 3 (ZE552KL/ZE520KL)
- Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 4 (ZE554KL)
- How to Install Android Oreo ROM on ASUS Zenfone 5
Guide to Install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo Update
Asus has definitely taken its time, but users would be happy to know that their phone is finally being upgraded. The original announcement was made a few weeks ago at the ZenTalk forums. The new build is labeled V15.0410.1802.34. Being based on the recent stable Android version means that you’ll get to enjoy more than just a few new features. The new firmware ZenUI 4.0 has its own additional perks and improvisations on the system level.
Before you get to the instructions and install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update, let us take a quick look at the features.
- Power consumption improvements
- Added “Long Screenshot” ability
- Swipe up feature for launching the app drawer
- More intuitive UI
- Background limits
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Autofill Framework
- Notification Dots
- New emojis
- and more…
Users can also manually check for the latest update by going to Settings -> About -> System update. In case you still don’t see the update, then head down below to install Android Oreo on Asus Zenfone 4 Pro right now. The process is pretty simple. All you have to do is, sideload the official OTA ZIP using the stock recovery. The steps below will give you more details on how to do this.
Make sure to fulfill the requirements stated below before you install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update.
- Sideloading the OTA should leave the data on your device untouched. However, we still strongly recommend backing up the phone completely before proceeding. You can simply follow our extensive guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge your Zenfone to at least 50-60% battery level to prevent the device from powering down in middle of the update process.
- You must install ADB and Fastboot tools on your PC in order to sideload the OTA.
Download Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Oreo OTA (V15.0410.1802.34)
The OEM has provided the official full OTA ZIP for those who’d manually want to sideload Asus Zenfone 4 Oreo update. The system image is only meant for the WW SKU.
Once you have downloaded the file, follow the steps laid down below.
How to Install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo Update (ZS551KL)
- Download the Oreo OTA ZIP.
- Copy the downloaded file to C:\adb, where the ADB and Fastboot binaries are present.
- In the same folder, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space.
- Select “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Next, power off your Zenfone 4 Pro.
- Hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously, until you see the Asus logo.
- When your phone enters stock recovery, you will need to use the Volume keys to move the selector and the Power button to confirm.
- Select ‘Apply update from ADB’.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Finally, enter the following command to install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update:
adb sideload UL-ASUS_Z01GD_1-WW-15.0410.1802.34-user.zip
- The update process shall begin and would normally take a minute or so.
- Once complete, select ‘Reboot system now’.
Once your phone boots, you shall be able to experience all the latest Oreo features like PiP mode, notification channels, instant apps and more. There should be a lot of difference when compared to Nougat, with not just the features but also overall system improvements. Asus is more likely to add support for more devices, but there not confirmation on that yet. Now that you have updated your phone, let us know which is the feature that you like the most.
So this was our guide on how to install Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Android Oreo update manually. If you have any questions regarding the update procedure, feel free to drop a comment below.