You can now install Galaxy Note 8 Apps on any Samsung device running Nougat or above. All you need is TWRP installed on your device.
Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 8 a few days ago and its features are definitely worthy. The device is not only about the extraordinary hardware, but also the unified software that makes it an amazing device. While you still can’t afford a ported ROM on your Samsung, you can still taste some goodness by installing Galaxy Note 8 apps on your Samsung device running Nougat.
Once you install Galaxy Note 8 apps, it will ensure that you have all the updated Samsung apps directly from its latest flagship. This means you get to enjoy more functional proprietary apps that are rich in new features.
The port of Galaxy Note 8 Apps is brought to us by XDA member – AlexisXDA. It will require you to have TWRP installed on your device. The mod will help you get the following apps on your Samsung device:
- Phone and Contacts
- Incall UI
- TouchWiz Home Launcher
- Edge Lightning
- Task Edge and People Edge
- S Finder
- Samsung Themes Store
Currently, it is not possible to port the Camera app due to a number of bugs.
More for you – How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Tab S3 (T820/T825)
Install Galaxy Note 8 Apps
Before you install Galaxy Note 8 apps port on your device, make sure that you take a complete backup. It is a must to have TWRP installed on your device to make this work.
- Before you go ahead and install the apps, make sure that your first remove the current Samsung Browser and Calculator apps installed on your device.
- Download the Galaxy Note 8 Apps package.
- If you have downloaded the zip to your device; great! If not, you can just connect your device to the PC and transfer the zip to the storage.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP recovery. You will need to use the special button combo meant for your device.
- Or, you can also use the following command in Windows command prompt, if you know how to use it.
adb reboot recovery
- Once your Samsung device has booted into TWRP recovery, go to the Install tab.
- Browse the storage for the “Note8_Apps_V1.1_byAlexisXDA.zip” file and select it.
- Finally, swipe the button on the bottom of the screen to start the installation.
- Once it is done, tap on Reboot system.
There you have it! You have been successful to install Galaxy Note 8 apps on your Samsung device. Enjoy!
More for you – Android Oreo Features – 10 Awesome New Features & Changes
Let us know if you have any problems during the installation process.