You can now enjoy the ultimate camera experience of the LG V30 on your G6 smartphone. Read this article to know more about its features, and how you can easily install LG V30 Camera App on the LG G6.
The V30 is LG’s latest flagship device that came in pretty recently. The OEM has designed the device with a lot of added functionality and features when it comes to the camera. The phone features a brilliant 16 MP dual camera with 13 MP and f/1.6 aperture with a completely new sensor for sharp shots that probably makes it the best camera phone in the market.
Even though the device is yet to be delivered worldwide, it didn’t stop XDA Recognized Developer – xpirt to bring the fine camera goodness from the V30 to the infamous G6. Xpirt is a known developer at XDA for his tremendous work in the Fulmics custom ROM. The port brings all major features of the LG V30 Camera App like Graphy, except for the Cine Mode. That is because Cine Mode is completely dependant on the new sensor that the V30 offers. Of course, you will still be able to use the stock G6 camera features, but with the more added functionality of the V30. The port could be installed on any LG G6 device running stock firmware with TWRP recovery installed.
Let’s first get to the features that the new camera app will offer and then we shall help you install LG V30 Camera app on the G6.
LG V30 Camera App – Features
Now before we move on to install the app, let us first lay down the features that you will be able to enjoy on your G6.
With the V30, LG introduced the Graphy platform for photo enthusiasts. Graphy is the collection of photographs taken by professionals throughout the globe. These photographs are built right into the camera app for you to take advantage of settings used by the photographers. You may consider them as filters, but they could do so much more than that. Every filter (Lenses) that you use inputs the manual adjustments like ISO, aperture, White balance, to make your photo look more like that of the specific photographer. You get to learn so much from it!
The app also features complete manual controls and adjustments to offer a more DSLR-like experience.
Want to learn more about the features that the LG V30 Camera app offers? Just read the steps below to install the unofficial port to your G6 and find out for yourself. Trust me, you will be much surprised with what it could do!
Check out other articles:
- How to Install Magisk Universal Systemless Interface
- 10 Top Root Apps For Android – August Edition
- How to Stop Android Wakelocks using WakeBlock (Root)
Install LG V30 Camera App on LG G6
If you want to install the LG V30 camera app on your G6, then your device must be running stock firmware since the port will replace the official G6 camera app with the new one. For installation, you must have TWRP installed on your G6.
In addition to the camera port, if you want to make full use of the Graphy feature then you will need to install the patched Graphy app on your device, instructions for which have been provided below.
- First off, download the mod itself: LG-V30-Camera_for_LG-G6_xpirt_#4.zip
- If you wish to use Graphy and I am sure you will, then download the patched Graphy APK too: Graphy_patched_xpirt.apk
- Now connect your G6 device to the PC in file transfer mode and copy both the files to the internal storage.
- Disconnect your device and power it off.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery – Press the Volume Down and Power keys altogether until your device powers on and reaches the LG logo. As soon as the LG logo appears, let go of the power button and press it again while you keep pressing the Volume Down button.
- Your LG G6 should now be in the TWRP recovery mode.
- Now tap on the “Install” button and navigate the internal storage. Select the “LG-V30-Camera_for_LG-G6_xpirt_#4.zip” file.
- Swipe the button on the bottom of the screen to start the flashing process. It should take a few seconds until the process is complete.
- Finally, tap the “Reboot System” button on the screen.
Your LG G6 should now boot back into the OS with the LG V30 Camera app installed on it.
Once your device has booted up, you can use a file manager to install the “Graphy_patched_xpirt.apk” file manually. Once this is done, you will be able to enjoy all the LG V30 Camera app features along with Graphy! So well done, now enjoy a much better photography experience on your G6.
According to the developer, with further customization and porting, the app could also be ported to LG V20 and G5. So, keep yourself updated with us and we will let you know as soon as it happens.
If you have any problems installing or using the new app, drop a comment below to let us know. Don’t forget to share this mod with other G6 users so that they can take the advantage too.