Follow this guide to download and install LineageOS 15.1 on ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Today custom ROMs are getting more popular than stock ROM. This is possible due to the open-source nature of Android. Custom ROM allows a person to maximize the performance of his smartphone and gives more control to the user. Besides, stock ROM has a set of performance limitations. A custom ROM, as the name suggests, is created with customization with respect to a user community’s requirements. So, it overcomes the limitations that stock OS brings.
Also, all the custom ROMs have their own community of developers that are continuously working hard to fix the bugs and bring all the latest features as the stock ROM. Although every other day we see many new custom OS is releasing, a few out of them actually mark their presence and become user-favorite, such as LineageOS.
Table of Contents
Guide to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
Since we are talking about ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1, let’s discuss the specs of this device. ZenFone Max Pro M1 smartphone is a recent mid-range offering from ASUS, announced in April 2018. The phone flaunts a 5.99-inches fullscreen display with a resolution of 1080 X 2160 pixels. This device runs on an octa-core processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. In the camera section, the phone brings together a 13-MP primary camera on the rear and a secondary 8-MP selfie shooter. Out-of-the-box Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 runs Android 8.1 Oreo.
Those who have interest in custom ROMs can now install LineageOS 15.1 on ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1. It is based on the Android v8.1 Oreo which is the latest Android operating system today. This is ROM is now publicly available thanks to XDA developer Shivam Kumar Jha. This is an unofficial attempt by the developer to help the custom OS enthusiasts to enjoy LineageOS on their Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Given LineageOS’ reputation, this particular iteration for Zenfone Max pro M1 is working perfectly fine. All of the features are working as they would work on the stock firmware. As of now, no glitches or bugs have been officially observed. Though users are welcome to report to the community if they observe any bugs. Since this one is the very first unofficial build for the particular device, there may be some bugs.
So, let’s steal a glance at the features that are working fine:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
Now let us quickly get on to the instructions and see how to install LineageOS 15.1 on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Before we get ahead with the flashing of the custom ROM, you have to follow a few guidelines as listed below.
- This custom ROM is exclusive to the ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your phone up to 70 % to avoid any interruptions due to power shortage during the ROM installation.
- A PC/Laptop and a micro-USB cable.
- Take a complete backup of your device in case any loss of data may occur.
- You must install TWRP recovery on Zenfone Max Pro M1, to be able to flash this ROM.
Download LineageOS 15.1 for ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1
Here is the direct link to download the latest LineageOS ROM for Zenfone Max Pro M1. You can also find the link for open GApps for this OS.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1?
- First, download LineageOS 15.1 ROM and GApps ZIP files.
- Connect the device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Enable ‘Transfer Files’ mode under USB options.
- Move all the downloaded files to the device storage.
- Power off the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 completely.
- Hold the Volume Up + Power button simultaneously to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Once in TWRP, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the checkboxes as shown in the image below.
- Swipe the ‘Swipe to wipe’ button.
- Go back to the main screen and tap on ‘Install’.
- Now navigate to the phone’s storage where the ROM and GApps ZIP files are present.
- Select the ROM ZIP file.
- Tap on ‘Add more ZIPs’ and select the GApps ZIP this time.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to confirm to install LineageOS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- SAfter ROM installation finishes up, tap “Reboot System” to complete the process.
The additional benefit of using LineageOS 15.1 is that you also get the latest Android security patches even before the monthly update. The ROM offers a series of features that would allow you to customize every bit of the software, including the official LineageOS 15.1 wallpapers.
So, that’s all about it. You have just been able to install LineageOS 15.1 on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Go ahead and enjoy the custom ROM on your phone. If you have any questions, leave them down in the comments.