Note 5 Pro users now have the chances to test latest MIUI 9 firmware based on Android 8.1 Oreo, through a leaked build. Here’s how you can install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Android Oreo is now reaching out fast for various OEM devices. While others like Samsung, OnePlus, Sony, LG, and HTC have already pushed the update for a majority of their supported devices, Xiaomi is still lingering behind in the case. Despite the manufacturer’s ability to release regular updates, it still hasn’t been able to actually catch up with others. Anyhow, it seems like the internal testing has already begun. Xiaomi will most probably be pushing the first set of public stable ROM to the top line devices including the Redmi Note 5 Pro and Xiaomi Mi 6. While there is still some time for that, users who are keen to test the leaked beta can follow the instructions to install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Fix Xiaomi Mi A1 Slow Motion Video Recording [Magisk Module]
- How to Enable Project Treble on Xiaomi Mi 6 (Treble AOSP ROM)
- Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Guide to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro
Interestingly, the new MIUI 9 Global 8.3.26 Beta ROM channel was detected by the FunkyHuawei. The team is well known for rebranding, unbricking and updating Huawei devices. They have been generous enough to create a separate page that will constantly be tracking the update channel to find the latest builds. Along with the builds, users are also provided with a link to the corresponding changelog.
Now before we get to the instructions and install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro, let us get some quick details about this ROM.
As of now, the latest available ROM is labeled MIUI 8.3.26. Users who have kept an eye on the XDA forums must be already aware of the leaked Global beta China ROM. The ROM you have here from FunkyHuawei is specifically targetted for the Indian Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Being based on Android 8.1 Oreo, the new update will offer all the standard features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification channels, Instant Apps, New Emojis and more. The source also mentions that there is a dual VoLTE feature that should work with compatible SIM cards. Apart from that, support for Project Treble is also present. Which means users may further opt to install Generic System Images of AOSP like phh-Treble or other available ROMs like LineageOS on their device.
Those of you who really want to test out the ROM can simply grab the latest build and install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. We suggest that you follow our extensive guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Charge your Redmi Note 5 Pro to 50-60% battery level to prevent it from shutting down during the update process.
- Your phone needs to have an unlocked bootloader. You can follow our tutorial on how to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Next, you must install Oreo-compatible TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Once you have fulfilled the requirements, head to the steps and install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Download Redmi Note 5 Pro MIUI 9 Oreo Beta
The latest MIUI 9 Oreo beta for the device could be found at the funkyhuawei.club page. The builds are checked for and updated every 6 hours.
- MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.30
- MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.29
- MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.28
- MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.3.27
Instructions to Install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)
- Download the MIUI 9 Oreo Beta build.
- Transfer the ROM ZIP file to the phone’s storage or SD card.
- Power off the phone completely and boot Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP recovery.
- Hold the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
- Go to ‘Wipe‘ -> ‘Advanced Wipe‘.
- Check Cache, Data, and System partitions and swipe the button.
- Go back to TWRP main screen.
- Tap on ‘Install‘.
- Navigate to the internal storage/SD card and select the Beta ROM ZIP (e.g. miui_HMNote5HMNote5ProGlobal_8.3.26_b7f62273a7_8.1.zip).
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Once the flashing process is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System‘ button.
When your phone boots, you shall complete the initial setup and begin using the latest MIUI software based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The new build also brings Project Treble compatibility, which means you can easily flash Generic System Images of AOSP on your device. Since the build is still in testing phase, the release date is still unknown. But seeing that Xiaomi is already working on it, we may expect it to be announced soon.
So this was our guide on how to install MIUI 9 Oreo Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or the procedure, leave a comment below.