The stable version of MIUI 9 is finally rolling out to two more Xiaomi devices. Follow this guide to install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Mi Max Prime.
After months of thorough testing, Xiaomi announced MIUI 9 stable version last month. After weeks of patience, the Mi Max and Mi Max Prime users can finally enjoy the update on their devices too. The update is all set and should reach every phone in the coming days. However, if you’re not keen on waiting much, then we will show you how you can install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Max Prime right now.
- Install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Mi Mix 2 (MIUI V184.108.40.206.NDEMIEI)
- Install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Redmi 4 and 4X (MIUI V220.127.116.11)
- How to Install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4s (MIUI V18.104.22.168)
Table of Contents
MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max/Prime – V9.1.10/V22.214.171.124
Xiaomi has finally put an end to software support for 6 of its devices this year. But it seems like the Mi Max series has still got a long way to go. Before we head below and help you install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max (Prime), let us take a look at the various features of this update.
MIUI 9 comes with a long list of new features. The ones which are specific to Mi devices includes an enhanced image search that lets you search images using various keywords. There have been a lot of system optimizations that make the new update much faster at every level. There are a plethora of changes that you shall observe after you install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Mi Max Prime.
Mi Max users can install MIUI V126.96.36.199 and those using Max Prime shall have MIUI V188.8.131.52. Since the update is incremental, it might take a bit more time to reach your device. In such a case, you can follow the steps below and get MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Prime right now.
It is important that you take a full backup of your Mi phone before you perform the update. You may follow our tutorial on how to backup Android devices. Also, charge your phone to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any hiccups during the update process.
Download MIUI 9 Stable ROM for Mi Max/Max Prime
Xiaomi Mi Max (32GB)
- Recovery ROM:
- Fastboot ROM:
Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
- Recovery ROM:
- Fastboot ROM:
Instructions to Install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max/Max Prime
We will be covering three different methods to help you install MIUI 9 stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Prime.
- Non-Rooted using MIUI 8 » Method 1
- Rooted MIUI 8 » Method 2
- Custom ROM and TWRP » Method 3
Method 1: Using Updater App
- Download the Recovery ROM zip from the link above.
- Copy the downloaded zip to the phone’s storage.
- Open the ‘Tools’ folder on your phone’s homescreen and open the ‘Updater’ app.
- Press the menu icon (3-dots) on the top-right.
- Select ‘Choose update package’ from the menu.
- Navigate to the storage and select the Recovery ROM file.
- Finally, select ‘Ok’ to install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Max Prime.
Method 2: Using MiFlash Tool
- Download the MIUI 9 Fastboot ROM for your device.
- Extract the downloaded ROM to an easily accessible folder on your PC. For demonstrating, we have extracted it to C:\MIUI\ROM.
- Download the MiFlash tool and install it on your PC.
- Once installed, run the MiFlash tool.
- Boot your Mi Max and Max Prime into Fastboot mode. To do so, power down the phone completely, then press and hold the Volume Down + Power button altogether.
- Now connect your device to the PC and click on the ‘refresh’ button in MiFlash window.
- Then, click on the ‘select’ button and choose the folder where the fastboot ROM files were extracted.
- When selected, choose the ‘save user data’ option.
- Finally, click on the ‘flash’ button to install MIUI 9 stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max/Prime.
When the process is complete and your device shall reboot instantly. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
Method 3: Using TWRP Recovery
In case you have TWRP installed on your Mi device, you can easily install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Mi Max and Max Prime by flashing the recovery ROM package.
- Download the recovery ROM file from the links above.
- Connect your phone to the PC and copy the files to the internal storage.
- Now boot your Mi Max into the TWRP recovery.
- [Optional] If you are coming from a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’. Then select the following checkboxes and swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button.
- On the TWRP main screen, press the ‘Install’ button.
- Browse the phone’s storage and select the recovery ROM package.
- Once the file is selected, swipe the button on the screen to install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Mi Max (Prime).
- When the ROM has been installed, tap on the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your Mi Max device shall now boot into the MIUI 9 OS. So start exploring and take advantage of all the new features.
You have just been successful to install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi Max and Max Prime. You may now enjoy all the new features. If you have any questions regarding the update, then leave a comment below.