You can now install OnePlus 3T Android Oreo update through leaked HydrogenOS beta ROM.
We are well aware that OnePlus is driven to bring Android Oreo to its devices – OnePlus 3, 3T, and 5. We also recently saw an Open Beta update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Though the update didn’t bring Oreo, it definitely indicates that the process of bringing Android Oreo is picking up apace. While OnePlus has now news or any open beta releases that bring Android Oreo to its devices, it is rumored that internal testing has already begun through Closed Beta testing.
Table of Contents
H20S-based OnePlus 3T Android Oreo Update
Unlike the Open Beta updates, the Closed Beta testing is limited only a certain amount of appointed testers and developers. An update in this process is considered highly experimental and is not often meant for daily use. The testers are bound by regulations, not allowed to share this testing firmware with anyone in the public.
On the contrary, we discovered that a Closed Beta Android Oreo firmware for the OnePlus 3T has been leaked. We can only deduce that the XDA poster is not the one who leaked but only shared the ROM link that’s already available on the web. The ROM is based on HydrogenOS, which is the OxygenOS variant for OnePlus devices released in the Chinese market.
Using this, you will be able to enjoy all Oreo features including Notification channels, Adaptive icons, new Emojis, Auto-fill, Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification dots, Instant apps, etc. After the installation, you will also be able to use Substratum and Andromeda to use custom themes on Oreo, without root.
According to an XDA member, everything seems to work so far, flawlessly. So, to round up, all the things that work are as follows:
- Fingerprint sensor
- and almost everything else4
Now, head over and install OnePlus 3T Android Oreo update by following the instructions below.
Credits: XDA member loveuhp
- How to Root Android Oreo 8.0
- How to Install Custom Themes on Android Oreo without Root
- Android Oreo Substratum Themes Support List
- Find If Project Treble Supports Your Android Oreo Device
- Installing OnePlus 3T Android Oreo Update will wipe your phone completely. So, backup your device completely: Tutorial
- A Windows PC with OnePlus drivers installed: Link
Instructions to Install OnePlus 3T Android Oreo ROM
- Download HydrogenOS based OnePlus 3T Android Oreo firmware: OnePlus3T_28_A.80_170918.tar.bz2 | Mirror (Thanks to XDA member standbyme91)
- Once downloaded, extract the file.
- Go browse through the extracted files and right-click on “MsmDownloadTool V3.0.exe”, then select “Run as Administrator”.
- Pick up your OP3T and power it off completely.
- While pressing the Volume Up button, connect the phone to the PC.
- Click on the “Start” button on the program window.
- The MSM program should start the installation process as soon as it detects the device. If it doesn’t then make sure that you have installed the drivers properly.
- Once it is complete, you will see a confirmation message.
- Reboot your device now.
That’s it! Now that you have installed OnePlus 3T Android Oreo update, enjoy all the new features. If you need root, you can simply flash SuperSU 2.82 SR4. Further, we have also got some awesome tips for you on Oreo.
Check them out:
- Install Android Oreo L Speed Mod to Improve Performance
- How to Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
If you face any problems installing this update, ping us in the comments.