A surprise for the OnePlus 5 users who have been patiently waiting for Android Oreo for their devices. The OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta leaked ROM has surfaced the internet and is available for installing on your device.
In the past, we saw a closed beta HydrogenOS based on Oreo that was leaked for the OnePlus 3T. Further, we have also seen OxygenOS 25/16 for OnePlus 3 and 3T, that brought Oreo to the devices officially. And now has come the time for the OP5. It seems like someone on the internet just leaked the OxygenOS closed beta build based on Oreo for the OnePlus’ latest flagship. Following this guide, you will be able to install OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta.
- Download and Install OxygenOS Open Beta 26/17 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Install ViPER4Android on Android Oreo 8.0
- How to Disable OnePlus Device Manager and Stop Data Mining
- Enable Fingerprint Gestures on Android Oreo Devices
- How to Use Autofill on Android Oreo 8.0
OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta Leaked ROM (OxygenOS 4.5.2)
The OnePlus 5 has recently received OxygenOS 4.5.14 update, but there has been no official news from the manufacturer regarding any ETA for Oreo update. The majority of device users anticipated that the OP5 shall be the first device to receive Oreo, but it seemed like that wasn’t the case.
The news for the leak flashed on 24/7 Techie showcasing the OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta ROM. According to the source, the ROM was tipped from one of their readers. The full ROM *zip is now available for download and is labeled OxygenOS 4.5.2 for OnePlus 5. After installing this ROM, you will be able to enjoy all Android Oreo features on your OnePlus device.
Also, since the ROM is a leaked closed beta build, it may not be as stable to be used as a daily driver, but is sure worth installing if you wish to taste the all-new Oreo features that OP3/3T users are already enjoying.
We would also recommend you, to make a clean install while flashing this ROM. Flashing it over the recent update may have unknown consequences.
- Before you install OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta ROM on your device, we would highly recommend you to take a full backup. Follow our guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Make sure to charge the device to a sufficient battery level to avoid any problems during the flashing process.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.2 Leaked ROM
Instructions to Install OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta
We would advise you NOT to flash this ROM over a previous OxygenOS update. We have not personally tested it, so are not sure of the consequences. The safest way to install it is by flashing the full ROM zip manually through the stock Oxygen recovery or via TWRP recovery.
Download the OxygenOS 4.5.2 leaked ROM for the OnePlus 5 and transfer the full ROM zip (OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_036_all_1710262329_97651662219b4e6b.zip) to the internal storage. Then, reboot your OnePlus into recovery mode.
Now, If you have the stock OnePlus recovery installed, follow step #5. If you have TWRP installed, follow step #9 onwards.
Option 1: Using Stock (OnePlus Recovery)
- Select ‘English’ as the language.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe data and cache’ option and select ‘Reset system settings’.
- When prompted, select ‘Yes’ to confirm the wiping process.
- Once the wipe process is complete, go back to the recovery main screen and select ‘Install from internal storage’.
- Navigate to the device’s storage and select the full ROM zip (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_001_all_1710311106_126bd3ed3e354d2b.zip) file.
- Select ‘Yes’ to confirm and install OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta leaked ROM.
- Finally, select the ‘Reboot’ option.
Option 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Select the ‘Wipe’ menu and swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ slider on the bottom.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and select the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate through the storage and select the full ROM zip file.
- Finally, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to install OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta leaked ROM.
- When the flashing process is complete, select the ‘Reboot System’ button.
- The first boot might take some time, so be patient and hold back for a while. Once it does, then walk through the onscreen setup.
If you have any problems installing this leaked ROM, reach to us by commenting below.
Once you have installed OnePlus 5 Android Oreo Beta leaked ROM, you will be able to take advantage of all major features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Notification Importance Controls, and much more.