OnePlus has recently announced another Open Beta build based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Follow this guide to install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update right now.
Like many other OEMs, OnePlus is now one step closer to releasing the stable Android Oreo update for its flagship device. Going by the previous speculations, the 5T is supposed to receive the final Oreo update very soon. The manufacturer is all geared up for that with another Open Beta release that brings a bunch of new additions and some subtractions too. It seems like OnePlus is making all the efforts to make the final build stable enough for an average user’s perspective. For more details and instructions on how to install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update, head down below.
Table of Contents
OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Update – Changes & New Features
OnePlus flagship users are very keen to receive the Android Oreo update, but it seems like there’s still some time. The OEM is thoroughly testing the software in form of Beta releases in order to roll out a bug-free update. As on 30 Jan 2018, the company has announced OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5T.
On a wider scale, this latest beta builds focuses on fixing some bugs and brings some hefty new additions to the software. So before you head down to install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update, take a look at the official changelog below.
- New pick-up gesture in the Phone app. Allows you to slide up or down, to answer or reject a phone call.
- The update fixes a severe vulnerability related to the CPU (CVE-2017-13218).
- Auto-sorting of messages in categories for Indian users only.
- General bug fixes and improvements over the previous Open Beta.
One of the major highlights of this build is the new iPhone X-style gestures for navigation. So you can officially disable the navbar and use the swift gestures for the purpose. Apart from that, there has also been a removal of the Clipboard app, introduced in the previous Open Beta build. As the speculations go, the feature could often be annoying since it operates as an app, rather than a system-integrated service.
Note that Beta software is often not stable enough to be used as a daily driver. The features included in the builds could be experimental. However, if you wish to test them and provide your valuable feedback to the developers, then follow the steps below to install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update right now.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 5T
- OnePlus 5T Open Beta 3 Full ROM zip: Link
How to Install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Update
If your device currently has Open Beta 2 installed, you can go to the ‘Setting’s -> ‘System updates’ and directly install the OTA update from there. If not, then follow the steps to manually install Open Beta 3 on OnePlus 5T. Users running stock OxygenOS with stock recovery can follow method 1. For those with TWRP, should use method 2.
Before you install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update, make sure to fulfill the requirements stated below.
- Take a full backup of your personal data. We suggest you follow our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Charge your OnePlus device to at least 50-60% battery level.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
The easiest way to upgrade your 5T to the latest Open Beta software is by installing it using the available option in the Settings. Simply grab the full ROM zip from above and follow our detailed guide on how to install OxygenOS on OnePlus 5T using Local Upgrade.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
Those who have a custom ROM/rooted OxygenOS can install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update by flashing the full ROM using TWRP.
- Download the full ROM package from the link above.
- Transfer the downloaded file to your phone’s storage.
- Boot your 5T into TWRP recovery. To do so, power down your device first. Then press and hold the Volume Down and Power button altogether.
- [Optional] If you have a custom ROM installed, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’. Select the options as shown in the image below and swipe the button to wipe your device.
- On the main TWRP screen, tap on the ‘Install’ menu.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the full ROM zip file.
- Once selected, swipe the confirm flash button to install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update.
- The flashing process will begin and shouldn’t take more than a minute to complete.
- Finally, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your device will now boot into the latest Open Beta software. You can start using the all-new navigation gestures. So far, the build seems to be performing well and hasn’t been tagged for any major issues. We expect OnePlus to release the stable Oreo update for the device soon. Until then, consider submitting your feedback to OnePlus.
So that was how you can install OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update right now! If you have any questions, ask them by commenting below.