Not getting the Oreo update for your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus? Don’t worry! Android Oreo Based LineageOS 15 has finally brought it to you. Now, you can easily enjoy the latest Android Oreo features on your device by installing LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
LineageOS, the open-source community, is doing their best to provide the latest Android version packed with features for over a hundred devices. We have already seen more than a bunch of devices getting a taste of Oreo using LineageOS 15. This time, Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus are in for the advantage. The device has a 5-inches display and is powered by Snapdragon 415 1.2GHz octa-core processor with 2GB of RAM. If you own this Device, then head over to the tutorial below.
It is highly unlikely that the device will ever be able to handle Android Oreo officially, but that’s not an issue if you have developers who are eagerly working on their own to get things done. Now without further ado, head forward to install LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus.
- Android Oreo Custom ROMs List for Popular Devices – Find Yours Now!
- How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android Oreo
- Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
- How to Install Custom Themes on Android Oreo without Root
- Install Android Oreo L Speed Mod to Improve Performance
- How to Customize Android Oreo Navigation Bar without root
LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
The ROM is developed by XDA Member – shubha785 along with the help of a few other members. This ROM has been built from the WIP LineageOS 15 source available on Github. Considering the Meditek SoC, the development could be a challenge. But the developer has given his best and eventually worked it out for the users. Using LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus, will enable you to cherish all the new Oreo features, along with more customization options.
Using LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus, will enable you to cherish all the new Oreo features, along with more customization options.
Here’s a list of all the major features and functions that will work fine:
- Calls and SMS
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
- FM Radio
Due to the lack of hardware capabilities, the LineageOS build contains a few major problems too. Below is the list of all known issues in this ROM. If you find any other issues with the ROM, let us know through the comments.
- Data Connection
We can understand if the above bugs/issues will stop you from using the ROM, there quite an integral part of any smartphone. But if you really have the desire to test out things, you can go ahead and enjoy Oreo by installing LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5 and K5 Plus.
- Take a Complete Backup of your Lenovo Vibe K5 before proceeding: Tutorial
- Charge your Lenovo device to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the installation process.
- Make sure that latest TWRP is installed on your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus for flashing the zip files: Link
- Download the latest available ROM, Patch and Gapps zip from the below.
- Android Oreo Based LineageOS 15 ROM for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus: Link
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps for Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus: Link
Steps to Install Android Oreo on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus
In order to Flash the zip files on your Android device, you should have Installed the latest TWRP Recovery.
- Once all the necessary files are downloaded, connect your Lenovo device to your desktop using USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files to an accessible location on your phone.
- Now, power OFF your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus.
- Once the device is switched Off, press and hold Down + Power Button to Boot into TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Select “Wipe” to a factory reset. You can do so by navigating to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select – Cache, Dalvik/ART Cache, System, and Data and swipe to factory reset.
- Now, go back to the TWRP Recovery homescreen and select “Install“. Then, browse and select the ROM (lineage-15.0-20170913-UNOFFICIAL-A6020.zip) zip file and “Swipe to confirm flash“. Wait until the process completes.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed on your Lenovo device, tap on “Reboot System” to boot your Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus into LineageOS 15.
Done! Now, you now have the latest Android Oreo-based LineageOS 15 on Lenovo Vibe K5/K5 Plus. Go ahead and enjoy the ROM.
I hope you are enjoying the latest Android Oreo ROM based on LineageOS 15 on your Lenovo device. If you have any problem regarding installation guide, then feel free to contact