Start taking a backup because the manufacturer has released OxygenOS 4.5.11 Update on OnePlus 5. But don’t expect too much, it is not Oreo (Yes, it’s coming). The update focuses on polishing the Nougat release with improvements and small feature additions. Read more about it below.
OnePlus is indeed picking up the pace and providing regular updates to its devices. We recently saw OxygenOS 4.5.0 update for the OnePlus 3/3T. It brought a good list of new features and improvements. On the other hand, the last update we saw for the OnePlus 5 was OOS 4.5.10. And today seems like another lucky day for the users, so you can now install OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5.
- Install HydrogenOS 3.5 Update on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Install Nougat-based HydrogenOS 3.0 on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download OnePlus 5 JCC Limited Edition Wallpapers
- How to Decrypt OnePlus 5 and Disable Forced-Encryption
- How to Restore OnePlus 5 Stock Firmware
Table of Contents
OxygenOS 4.5.11 Update on OnePlus 5
Update: A minor update of OxygenOS 4.5.12 is now available.
Changelog: Fixed bug of missing icon of download app in 4.5.11
Links in this post have been updated accordingly.
The update was recently announced on the OnePlus community forums. And users in the US have already started receiving the OTA notification. Since it is an incremental update, it will take a bit of time to reach every device worldwide.
Again, the update is meant to improve your overall User eXperience and is sized approx. 126MB. The major changes include September Security Patches, which also bring the BlueBorne vulnerability fix, notification ringtone customization, and faster app launching optimizations. The update changelog as mentioned on the OnePlus forums is below:
- September Android security patch
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Notification ringtone customization
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues with some UI elements
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- Better adaptive brightness
Apart from the above, OnePlus also mentions about some general bug fixes. We are not familiar with the insights though.
Before you move on to the steps below to install OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5, there are a few things that you must first confirm.
- Backup your OnePlus 5 completely: Tutorial
- If you are running unrooted and completely stock, then you can easily update over-the-air. The installed OOS version on your device must be OxygenOS 4.5.10.
- Charge your OnePlus 5 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update, which might result in a unbootable phone.
— Full ROM: Download Link
— OTA (4.5.11 -> 4.5.12): Download Link
— Full ROM Signed ZIP: Download link
— OTA Signed ZIP (4.5.10 -> 4.5.11): Download link
Steps to Install OxygenOS 4.5.11 Update on OnePlus 5
Method 1: Update Over-The-Air
The fastest way of installing OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5 is by accepting the OTA notification and let the system do the rest.
If you haven’t yet received an automatic OTA update notification, you can go ahead and check manually. To do so, go to Settings on your OnePlus 5. Scroll down to the bottom and press on “System updates” and tap on “CHECK FOR UPDATES”. If the OTA has reached your device, then it will be automatically fetched and ready to install.
In case you didn’t get an update yet, you can also go ahead and install the OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5 manually.
Method 2: Update using Local upgrade option (Non-rooted users)
The next easiest method is to download the OTA zip/Full ROM zip and install it through the local upgrade option available in the Settings.
- Download the Full ROM/OTA zip from the Downloads section above.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC and transfer the update zip package to the root of internal storage (not in any folder).
- Disconnect the phone and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select “System updates”. Then, press on the gear icon on the top-right.
- Now, select “Local upgrade”. The device will automatically detect the update package.
- So, just select the zip file (e.g. OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_016_all_1710011637_e072.zip).
- Select “UPGRADE NOW” button to run the update installation.
Method 3: Update using Stock Recovery (Non-rooted users)
Installing OxygenOS 4.5.11 on OnePlus 5 via stock recovery will only work if your device is completely stock. You can either flash the OTA zip to update from 4.5.10 to 4.5.11 or make a fresh install by flashing the full ROM zip.
- Download the OTA/Full ROM zip from above.
- Connect your OP5 to the PC in File Transfer mode and copy the zip file to the root of internal storage (not in any folder).
- Disconnect your OnePlus 5 from the PC and power if off completely.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5 into stock recovery: Guide
- Select “English” as the recovery language.
- Now from the recovery main screen, press on “Install from internal storage”.
- Select the firmware zip file (OTA or Full) and select “Yes” when prompted.
- The update installation will begin. Once it is complete, just tap on “Reboot”.
Method 4: Update using TWRP (rooted users)
If your device is rooted and you would like to install the OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5, you can simply install the full ROM zip using TWRP. During this update process, your root will be wiped, so if you would like to gain back root, just flash SuperSU or Magisk as per your convenience.
- Download the firmware package from the Downloads section above.
- Transfer the package zip to the internal storage of your device.
- Disconnect the device and power it down.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery: Guide
- Tap on the “Install” button.
- Browse the storage and select the ROM zip (e.g. OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_016_all_1710011637_e072.zip).
- Finally, swipe the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” button on the bottom of the recovery screen.
- When the update process is complete, press the “Reboot System” button.
So now that you have installed OxygenOS 4.5.11 update on OnePlus 5, you can go ahead and root it easily using Magisk.
How do you feel about these updates? For me, OnePlus is doing a great job! If you have any problems installing this update, you can comment below.