OnePlus 5 is now being updated with the October Security Patch Level. Follow this guide to download and install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5.
Software updates are an integral part of any Android’s support life. Not only do they add new features and fix the existing issues, but they also aim at making the device even more secure. Thankfully, OnePlus has shown complete dedication to providing the best for its devices. We saw Android Oreo-based Open Beta release for the OnePlus 5 too. The company has recently announced another update, that is still based on Nougat. If you’re not keen on waiting, then the steps here will help you install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5.
- Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T (Full ROM and OTA)
- How to Install OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1 Update (Android Oreo)
- How to Downgrade OnePlus 5 Android Oreo 8.0 to Nougat (OxygenOS)
- Download OnePlus 5T Wallpapers for Android Devices (4K)
- Fix OxygenOS 5.0 Problems on OnePlus 3 and 3T
How to Install OxygenOS 4.5.15 Update on OnePlus 5
While most other OEMs are focusing on Oreo, OnePlus is all set to bring a better experience to those who are using the Nougat-based OxygenOS. Since the Beta release is not everybody’s cup-of-tea, many users prefer to hold back to the stable OxygenOS version.
The new update was announced at the OnePlus community by Jimmy Z. The new OxygenOS 4.5.15 build aims at bringing the October Security patches to the OnePlus 5. You probably might be thinking that it is already December, and it’s too late. Well, I hope not. Because any updated patch level is still more secure than the previous one and I appreciate OnePlus for at least making the effort.
Before you install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update, take a look at the major highlights:
- October Android security patch level
- GPS improvements
- Alarm tone customization fixed
- Sharing emoji on Bitemoji fixed
- General bug fixes
The new build is rolling out incrementally, so it might take some time to reach each and every device worldwide. To check for the OTA notification, go to ‘Settings’ » ‘System update’ and check for updates. If you’re not sure about being patient, then let us help you install OxygenOS 4.5.15 on OnePlus 5.
- Manually updating your device could lead to data loss if done incorrectly. So, safeguard all your important data including the internal storage. You may like to read our guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Also, charge your OnePlus 5 to 50-60% battery level. This will avoid any shutdowns during the update process.
Once you have fulfilled the above points, you can go ahead and install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.15 Full ROM and OTA
OTA (4.5.14 » 4.5.15):
Instructions to Install OxygenOS 4.5.15 Update on OnePlus 5
Now there are two ways to get this update right now. If you’ve stock OxygenOS running (4.5.14 or below), you may go ahead with method 1. If your OnePlus 5 has TWRP installed, you should choose for method 2.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade in Settings
- Download the full ROM zip or OTA zip (If running OOS 4.5.14 exclusively).
- Next, connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC in File Transfer mode.
- Copy the downloaded ROM/OTA package to the root of the internal storage. By “root”, we mean outside all the folders.
- Disconnect the device when the file has been transferred.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ » ‘System update‘ and tap on the gear style icon on the top-right.
- Select ‘Local upgrade‘.
- The system will automatically fetch the ROM/OTA filename.
- Finally, tap on the file and choose ‘UPGRADE NOW‘ to install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5.
Your device will reboot and the OS should be updated to the latest version now.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
You cannot install OTA zips using TWRP. So you will only need the full ROM zip in this scenario.
- Download the full ROM zip (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_020_all_1712052226_98fd584ab032fe.zip).
- Connect OnePlus 5 to the PC and enable File Transfer.
- Copy the downloaded ROM package to the phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the device.
- Boot OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery mode:
- Power off the phone.
- Press and hold the Vol Down + Power button altogether until the OnePlus logo appears.
- Then release the keys to enter TWRP.
- [Optional] If you’re coming from a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced wipe’. Select the checkboxes shown in the image below and swipe the button to wipe your OP5.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate to the location where the full ROM was copied.
- Select the full ROM package and swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update.
- Press the ‘Reboot System’ button when the flashing is complete.
Your OnePlus 5 will boot into the latest OxygenOS version. After the update, your device will be running October’s security patches, GPS improvements, and other general bug fixes to make the experience more streamlined.
You have just been able to install OxygenOS 4.5.15 update on OnePlus 5. If you have any questions regarding the update procedure, kindly ping us through the comments.