The second beta release based on Android Oreo is now rolling out to OnePlus 5 globally. Follow the instructions in this guide to download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 manually.
OnePlus is making every possible effort in all departments, to make sure that its likeness among the users stays strong. The company also recently released it’s first bezel-less smartphone – OnePlus 5T. When it comes to the software, it isn’t sparing any chance to grab the news. Today, the manufacturer has pushed the second Oreo-based update for the OnePlus 5.
- Install OxygenOS 4.5.15 Update on OnePlus 5 (Full ROM + OTA)
- Download OnePlus 5T Star Wars Edition Wallpapers (The Last Jedi)
- Enable AR Stickers on Nexus 6P, OnePlus 3/3T, Xiaomi Mi 5
- Download OnePlus 5T Wallpapers for Android Devices
Table of Contents
Android Oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5
Since the roll-out is incremental, it might take some time before it reaches your phone. If you’re interested in installing the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 right now, then we shall assist you with that.
The build was announced on the OnePlus community by Staff Member – Teja Naga Bharan. The update focuses on bringing a series of bug fixes and improvements over the previous Open Beta 1 build. The changelog for the current build is as below:
- November security patch level
- Fixed widget and shortcut issues in Launcher app
- Improved user interface in Camera app
- Added f4v format support in File Manager.
- Speed improvements while deleting massive files.
- Improvements to Reading Mode, vibration, and Bluetooth audio.
- Fixed Parallel apps bugs
- Fixed reboot issue related to Picture-in-Picture mode.
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
Looking at the changelog above, you will realize how this new build aims at fixing the most common bugs.
Now if you’re ready, you can go ahead and install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5.
- This is a Beta release and may not be suitable for everyday usage. There could be unknown issues. We take no responsibility for any damage to your device.
- Backup your OnePlus 5 completely. You can start right now by following our guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge your device to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any disruptions during the update/flashing process.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 2
Instructions to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5
Now you can install this update using two different methods, that solely depend on the condition of your device.
- Open Beta 1/OxygenOS 4.5.15 or below » Method 1
- Custom ROM + TWRP recovery » Method 2
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
- First, download the full ROM zip.
- Next, connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC using the USB cable.
- Copy the full ROM package to the root (Outside all folders) directory of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the phone.
- On your OnePlus 5, go to ‘Settings’ » ‘System updates’.
- Press the gear-style icon on the top of the window.
- Select the ‘Local upgrade’ option.
- The phone will automatically fetch the full ROM package.
- Finally, tap on the ‘UPGRADE NOW’ button to install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5.
Your device will boot into the stock recovery mode and install the update. Once your phone reboots, you will be able to enjoy an improved experience.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download the full ROM package from the Downloads section above.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC and transfer the full ROM file to the internal storage.
- Once transferred has been transferred, disconnect the phone.
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button altogether.
- [Optional] If you have a custom ROM installed, you will need to first wipe the apps and data. Go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’. Select the checkboxes shown in the image below and swipe the button.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on ‘Install’.
- Browse the internal storage and select the full ROM zip file.
- Once the file is selected, swipe the button on the screen to install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on Oneplus 5.
- After the flashing process is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your OnePlus device will boot back into the fresh new OxygenOS based on Android Oreo. Go ahead and enjoy new features like improved PIP mode, notification channels, Autofill Framework, and more.
Check out some tips on Android Oreo:
- Install Substratum Themes on Android Oreo without Root
- How to Use Autofill on Android Oreo 8.0
- How to Hide Persistent Notifications on Android Oreo
So there you go! You have been successful to download OxygenOS Open Beta 2 on OnePlus 5 and installed it manually.