After the Android Oreo-based OxygenOS 5.0 release, another Open Beta is now available. Follow this guide to install OxygenOS Open Beta 28 and 19 on OnePlus 3 and 3T.
OnePlus is putting it all in for its devices when it comes to software updates. The company recently released the first ever Open Beta release for the OnePlus 5 and also the stable OxygenOS 5.0 build for the OnePlus 3/3T. Today, about 10 days later, the OEM has announced another Open Beta build for the devices. While the update might take some time before it reaches your device, you can instantly install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 on OnePlus 3/3T right now.
- Fix OxygenOS 5.0 Problems on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- How to Install OnePlus 5 Open Beta 1 Update (Android Oreo)
- Install Paranoid Android on OnePlus 3 and 3T (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Download OnePlus 5T Wallpapers for Android Devices
- Install OxygenOS Closed Beta 3 on OnePlus 5 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Guide to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 on OnePlus 3/3T
If you have the previous Open Beta 27/18 installed on your device, you can easily update over-the-air. Just go to ‘Settings’ » ‘System updates’ and press the ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’ button. Since the rollout is incremental, it might take some time before the update reaches your device. In that case, you can read the instructions below and install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 on OnePlus/3T, respectively.
Now, before we move on to the guiding steps, let us go through the list of new changes and features that the build offers.
- November Security Patch Level
- [Launcher] Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
- [Launcher] Optimized shelf visual style
- [Gallery] Add a photo map to view photos by location
- [Gallery] UI enhancements and other optimizations
- [Contacts] Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
- Wireless hotspot management optimizations
- Added support for aptX/aptX HD BT codecs
- Quick Settings UI Fixes
- Fixed slow charging issues
- Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
- Optimized battery usage statistics
The build also includes other minor system improvements. Wait, there’s a known issue too, so if you face it, then keep in mind that it’s a known bug.
Long-pressing the home button to activate homescreen might not work. To fix it, you can reboot your device. Now that you have learned everything about the update, head over to install OxygneOS Open Beta 28/19 on your device.
- The files and instructions here are only meant for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. Do not attempt to flash this on any other device.
- Charge your OnePlus 3/3T to at least 50-60% battery level.
- If you’re coming from a custom ROM, you will need to wipe the apps and data in TWRP. So follow our guide on how to properly backup your Android phone.
Now head over to download and install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 on OnePlus 3/3T.
OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_038_all_1711272158_b7eea95d6442421c.zip | Mirror
OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_038_all_1711272148_5e0ea1454e8f4f0f.zip | Mirror
Instructions to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 28 and 19
Depending upon your device’s current situation, use the corresponding method.
Open Beta 27/18 or OxygenOS 5.0 » Method 1
Custom ROM/OxygenOS with TWRP » Method 2
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
- Download OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 full ROM package for your device.
- Connect your OnePlus device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Enable File Transfer mode and copy the ROM zip file to the root (Outside all folders) of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Go to ‘Settings’ » ‘System update’ and press the cog icon on the top-right.
- Select the ‘Local upgrade’ option from the list.
- The device will automatically detect the ROM file.
- So just press the filename and select ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19.
Your OnePlus 3/3T will reboot and install the update.
Note: If you face any unusual issues after the update, simply reboot into recovery mode and use the ‘Wipe cache’ option.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download the full ROM zip from the links above.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Then disconnect the device from the PC and reboot it into TWRP recovery:
- Power down the device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button altogether until you see the TWRP splash screen.
- [Optional] If you currently have a ROM installed other than OxygenOS, go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’ and select the checkboxes shown in the image below. Then swipe the button to wipe the apps and data.
- On the TWRP main screen, press the ‘Install’ button.
- Browse the internal storage and select the full ROM file.
- Finally, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19.
When the ROM is flashed, tap on the ‘Reboot System’ button. After your phone boots up, go through the on-screen instructions to setup your device. If you have any queries regarding the process of installation, let us know.
Once you have been able to install OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19, kindly consider filling the feedback form.
Bluetooth Codec Screenshot credit: amolsapre1