The latest MIUI stable release is all set and rolling out, starting with Xiaomi’s flagship devices. If you haven’t got the update yet, then follow the steps below to download and install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM update.
Following months of intense testing, fixing, and a series of Beta updates, the company finally announced the Stable version of its new Android skin. The news was published on the MIUI forums, where the staff Admin stated the official changelog and the update schedule.
Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM – v18.104.22.168
The official announcement took place on 3 November. According to which, the Redmi Note 4 was one of the primary devices to receive the update. But there was still no sign of it for days. We even personally tested using VPNs from almost every major region, but that was sadly a no-go too. If you want to check, then just open the ‘Updater’ app and press the ‘Check for updates’ button.
However, someone on the MIUI forums came up with the official full ROM zip. This could be easily installed using the Updater app if your device is running on the previous MIUI 8 Stable. Wherein if you have an MIUI 9 Beta release, custom ROM, or anything else installed on the device, then you can install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM using MiFlash tool.
As per the source, the following is the update schedule laid down by the MIUI team. It’s worth noting that this update is still based off Android Nougat.
The 1st batch :
- Devices: Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X, Mi Max 2
- Rollout starts on 3rd November
The 2nd batch:
- Devices: Mi MIX 2, Redmi Y1, Redmi Y1 Lite, Redmi 4X, Mi 5, Mi Max
- Initial rollout starts mid-November
The 3rd batch:
- Devices: All other devices that were supported in MIUI 9 Beta releases
- Initial rollout starts in early December
Instructions to Install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM
Now, comes the part where you get to easily install the latest update on your Note 4 device.
- You can either update through the updater app if you’re running the previous MIUI 8 stable ROM.
- In case you are using a custom ROM/Beta or Developer or China release, then you must flash the fastboot ROM through Mi Flash.
- If your device has TWRP, then you can follow option #3.
Before you go ahead and install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM, it is highly recommended that you take a complete backup of your device. You can follow our extensive guide on how to backup Android phones.
Method 1: Using the Updater App
This is the easiest method to install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM update. But will only work if you have the previous stable release installed. In case you have a developer/beta ROM, then move to option #2.
- First, download MIUI 9 Stable ROM for Redmi Note 4: miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V22.214.171.124.NCFMIEI_37d94c8e22_7.0.zip
- If you have downloaded the ROM *.zip on your PC, then transfer it to the phone’s storage.
- Disconnect your Note 4 from the PC.
- Go back to the homescreen and launch the official ‘Updater’ app.
- Once the Updater app is running, press the 3-dot overflow button on the top-right of the screen.
- Now, select the ‘Choose update package’ option from the menu.
- The file selector will open, so browse to the folder/location where you placed the ROM *.zip file.
- Finally, select the “miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V126.96.36.199.NCFMIEI_37d94c8e22_7.0.zip” file to install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM.
- When prompted, tap on ‘Ok’.
Method 2: Using MiFlash Tool (Fastboot ROM)
If your device is running – Global Stable/Global Developer/China Stable/China Developer, then you will have to make a fresh install of Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM using the MiFlash tool.
- Download the Fastboot MIUI 9 Stable ROM package: mido_global_images_V188.8.131.52.NCFMIEI_20171028.0000.00_7.0_global_0e9582bee8.tgz
- Also, download and install the latest MiFlash tool on your PC.
- Power off your Note 4. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button altogether until you see the fastboot mode.
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and run the MiFlash tool now.
- Extract the downloaded ROM package (*.tgz) to a suitable location on your PC.
- Now open the folder where the ROM files have been extracted and copy the folder location from the Windows Explorer address bar. We have renamed the extracted folder to ‘ROM’ for convenience.
- Once done, click on the ‘refresh’ button to make sure that your Note 4 is being detected properly.
- Finally, click the ‘flash’ button to install the latest MIUI 9 Stable ROM on your Redmi Note 4.
- The process should take a few minutes, so leave the phone undisturbed. Any interruptions can cause a brick, so beware.
- Once done, the device will automatically reboot into the updated OS. You shall now disconnect the device and close the MiFlash window.
Method 3: Using TWRP Recovery
In case you have TWRP recovery installed on your device, then you can do a wipe and install the MIUI 9 Stable ROM using it. This process will not wipe your internal storage, but it will indeed replace the TWRP recovery with Mi Stock recovery
- Download the ROM package: miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V184.108.40.206.NCFMIEI_37d94c8e22_7.0.zip
- Transfer the downloaded *.zip to the phone’s internal storage.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe and select the following options:
- Swipe the button on the bottom of the TWRP screen to wipe the device completely.
- Return back to the main screen and select ‘Install’. Browse through the internal storage and select the “miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V220.127.116.11.NCFMIEI_37d94c8e22_7.0.zip” file.
- Finally, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to install Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Stable ROM.
- Once the process is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your device should now boot into the latest MIUI 9 Lightning Fast OS. Go ahead and try all the new features. If you have any problems updating/installing this ROM, then drop a comment below and let us know.
Source: MIUI Forums