Want to get a little more taste of the latest Samsung flagship? Follow this guide to download and install Samsung Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on any Galaxy Oreo device such Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8. The apps have been extracted from Samsung Experience 9.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung Galaxy S9 has just made its debut a couple of days back. We already know that the Galaxy S line-up phones will come with some of the other UI changes to Samsung Experience. It was the TouchWiz feature in the precedent Galaxy S Phone. The device was in the raw just a few a days ago, and we could not find any breathtaking changes to the UI. But still, we have seen some new features like AR Emoji, which have been added to the software. Apart from that, the pre-installed Samsung apps have been updated as well. While the majority of these are updated to comply with the latest API, there are alleged updates and polishing of the UI too. So if you’re keen on experiencing the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps, then we’ve got you covered.
It has become a matter of course that the Stock apps from a newly launched Galaxy device will be ported to the previous versions of Galaxy phones. AlexisXDA, the Senior Member of XDA has now ported the Samsung Galaxy S9 Stock Apps to be used on Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ and Note 8. AlexisXDA is the same guy who previously ported Galaxy Note 8 stock apps last year. He has not only extracted the apps, but has also fixed several force close errors that you would have faced.
It is worth noting that the apps will only work on Samsung Experience ROM, be it stock or custom. We are able to confirm that these shall definitely work for the Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8 users.
Table of Contents
Download Galaxy S9 Stock Apps
- Phone and contacts.
- In Call UI
- TouchWiz Home
- Task Edge
- S Finder
- Edge Lightning
- People Edge
- Photo Editor
- Smart Manager
- Camera Stickers
- Audio and Emoji’s
- Always ON Display
You can download the latest version of all Galaxy S9 Stock Apps in a ZIP file format. Please make sure to download the latest version of the available ZIP files.
- Your Galaxy phone must have TWRP recovery installed.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup of your current ROM/firmware. The steps for the same are included in our guide to backup Android devices.
Steps to Install Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8
- Firs, download Galaxy S9 stock apps ZIP package.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the phone’s storage or SD card.
- Disconnect the Galaxy device and turn it off.
- Boot Galaxy S8, S8+, or Note 8 into TWRP recovery.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power button simultaneously.
- On the Samsung logo, release the Power button and keep holding the others.
- When you are in the TWRP Recovery, go to “Backup” and swipe the button to take a Nandroid backup.
- Go back to the main screen and tap on the “Install” button.
- Navigate to the storage and select the ZIP file (S9_Apps_V1.1_byAlexisXDA.zip).
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install Galaxy S9 stock apps on Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8.
- Once the flashing process is complete, press “Reboot System”.
It’s quite comforting to see the development advancing at this pace. We might even see some Galaxy S9-exlcusive features on older Galaxy devices as well. Until then stay tuned for more Galaxy S9 tips and tricks. If you have any questions regarding the process, leave a comment below. You may visit the original XDA thread to show your appreciation or for further discussions.
When your device finishes with the rebooting, you can start using the Galaxy S9 Stock Apps on your device. You will not need any extra configurations for using the newly installed apps.