Want to install Sony Apps like Walkman, Album, Music etc on your Android? You are just at the right place and we will help you do so.
Every Android user grows envious when they see the amazing stuff a device from another OEM can do. Most of these cool features are part of the proprietary apps that the manufacturer installs on the device. These apps, in most conditions, are inaccessible by other OEM devices.
In Android, we can easily download apps from the Play Store. There are a couple of pretty good apps available on Google Play Store, which are developed by Sony. However, these apps are only available for Sony Xperia smartphones. It means, if you’re not a Sony Xperia smartphone user then, you are not eligible for installing any of these apps. If you’re a fan of Sony apps but don’t want to spend money on buying a new Sony smartphone, we will let you know how you can easily install Sony apps on your Android device.
Install Sony Apps on your Android using Sony Apps Enabler Mod
For this reason alone, there is a mod available on the XDA-Developers by Zenith, which will let you to easily install Sony Apps and run them on your Android. The mod is known as “Sony Apps Enabler” and is pretty famous among XDA users. The mod installs the Sony framework files on your device, which tricks the Play Store to recognize your device as Sony’s. The installation is pretty simple and works effectively.
This mod will work on any Android device running KitKat 4.4 or above.
In order to install Sony apps using Sony Apps Enabler mod, your device must have TWRP recovery installed. Also, make sure to take a complete backup of your Android (Tutorial). Now, proceed to the further steps given below.
- Download Sony Apps Enabler flashable zip file from above and copy it to your device’s storage.
- Now, Power OFF your Android device and boot into TWRP recovery mode by using the unique button combination for your device.
- Press the Install button and browse the storage for the mod zip file (Sony Apps Enabler_3.0.1.zip).
- Select the file and swipe the button on the bottom of the screen to initiate flashing.
- Once it is done, tap on “Reboot System”.
- When your device boots, go to Settings > Apps.
- Scroll down through the list of installed apps and select “Google Play Store”.
- Tap on “Storage” and press the “CLEAR DATA” button.
- Now, reboot your device again.
- That’s it!
Now that you have installed the mods, all you will need to do is download your favorite Sony apps from the Play Store or an external source like APKMirror. The links to all the available Apps by Sony is listed below.
- Music: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- Album: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- Weather: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- Sketch: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- XperiaTM Calendar: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- XperiaTM Keyboard: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
- XperiaTM Home: Get it on Google Play | APKMirror
Done! Now, you have succeeded to install Sony Apps on Android device. Using this method, you can install Music, Album and Xperia Keyboard, etc Sony Apps.
More for you –
- Quick Launcher – One Tap to Launch Apps on Sony Devices
- How to Customize Android Oreo NavBar without Root
- How to Take Scrolling Screenshots on Any Android
I hope you enjoyed this article. So, do share this article with your friends too. If you have any problem, then feel free to drop a comment.