Through this guide, you will be able to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Xiaomi recently gained a huge crowd of fans by the release of their super stylish flagship smartphones. The most recently released Xiaomi flagship phone was Mi 6, although it was never released in India. Following the new advancements, Xiaomi too has put their hands on the Snapdragon 835 processor. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 is highly powerful mobile platform which is designed for advanced battery life and support life like VR and AR experiences. It is literally built for excellence. The phone features 6GB RAM with 64/128 GB storage and 5.15-inches full HD display. There’s a dual 12MP+12MP Camera with optical image stabilization (OIS). While the phone initially came with MIUI 8.0, users can now install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Xiaomi had already claimed that they were about to release its new skin by 2017 and the software was under Beta testing for quite a long time. Hopefully, the update should have fixed the most of the bugs that were faced by the users during initial testing. The details regarding the bug fixes are discussed here in the following sections. Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo update is now rolling out over-the-air for the users. The detailed reports regarding the new update fixed a whole lot of bug fixes and other technical issues are also discussed below.
- 1 MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 – Changelog
- 2 Prerequisites
- 3 Download Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM
- 4 Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM (Android 8.0 Oreo)
MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 – Changelog
The update includes all the regular Android Oreo features like Picture-in-Picture mode, Autofill Framework, Instant Apps, notification categories, etc. Once you have gone through the changes, follow the instructions to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable ROM.
- Apps that change WiFi connection status without the permission of the user
- Fixed background app crashes
- Fixed WhatsApp force close on split-screen.
- Improved layout and algorithms in the searching parameter for the contacts.
- Time in the message doesn’t change the hour format is altered in the clock.
- OTP messages are automatically erased.
Lock screen, status bar and notification bar optimizations
- Brightness bar display correction
- White shade appeared in the notification area.
- The absence of lock screen wallpaper.
- Improper display of search bar in the notification shade.
- Display of RAM info by default
- Cache clearing animation
- Adjustments in the button for clearing recent memory
- Faster opening of files and folders.
- Introduced new animations for launching and closing applications
- Corrected the issues with clock, calendar and weather.
- Fixed issues with home screen icons.
- Corrected the issues with swipe response.
- New asphalt themes.
- DTMF issues after pausing VoLTE video calls are fixed.
- Corrections from the unintentional touch of dial-pad during the call.
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements before you follow the instructions to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 188.8.131.52 global stable ROM.
- Take a complete backup of your personal data before proceeding. We suggest that you follow our guide on how to backup Android phone.
- Charge your Mi 6 to at least 50-60% battery level to avoid any interruptions during the update process.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
Download Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Xiaomi has officially provided recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM for this update. For those looking ahead to update without wiping should choose method 1. If you wish you install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 18.104.22.168 global stable ROM from scratch, then follow method 2.
Method 1: Flashing Recovery ROM using Updater App
- Download the Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo recovery ROM.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded recovery ROM ZIP file to the phone’s storage.
- Go to “Settings” -> “About phone” -> “System update”.
- The updater app should open on the screen.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu icon.
- Select “Choose update package”.
- Navigate to the storage and select the recovery ROM ZIP file.
- Finally, tap on “Ok” to confirm and install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 22.214.171.124 global stable ROM.
- Your phone shall reboot and install the update automatically.
You can also follow the guide linked below for step-by-steps instructions.
Method 2: Flashing Fastboot ROM using MiFlash Tool
This method is for those who want to update manually by wiping the device completely. I’d recommend this method to those who don’t want to face any post-update bugs.
Download the Xiaomi Mi 6 Android Oreo fastboot ROM from above. Next, follow our guide on how to Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash Tool.
When the system finishes its reboot, you will be able to enjoy all the updated features on your device running Android 8.0 Oreo. So, this was our guide on how to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 126.96.36.199 global stable ROM. If you have any questions, leave them down in the comments section.