The stable version of MIUI 9 is finally rolling out for the Mi 6. If you haven’t yet got the OTA, you can manually install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 Stable ROM using this guide.
MIUI 9 has been in Beta phase since August and a huge flock of Xiaomi devices has already had its taste. After several updates, enormous improvements, and tons of new changes, the MIUI 9 Stable ROM is now set on its course. Its journey has already begun with Xiaomi’s flagship device – Mi 6. The update for the Mi 6 has already indicated that the list of more devices is lined up next. Have you received the OTA notification yet? If not, you can still install MIUI 9 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6 right away using this short and brief guide.
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
- How to Enable Fingerprint Selfie on Redmi 3S Prime
- Download Xiaomi Mi A1 Wallpapers [9 Wallpapers]
- How To Fix Third Party Theme Error on Redmi Devices
Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 Stable ROM Release
MIUI 9 is based on Android Nougat. Several users at XDA have reported of receiving the update notification. It seems like the update is slowly rolling out to all devices worldwide, but since we haven’t received any official word from Xiaomi on this, we can’t be so sure yet.
The OTA update is labeled MIUI V220.127.116.11.NCAMIEI and is sized around 568 MB and offers a really long list of new changes for those running MIUI 8. If you have not yet received the notification, then open the ‘Updater’ app and press the ‘Check for updates’ button.
Thankfully, XDA senior member – mELIANTE has managed to grab the official link to the full ROM package, which we will be using to install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 Stable ROM.
- Your Mi 6 must be running the previous Stable MIUI V18.104.22.168.NCAMIEG.
- If your phone has MIUI 9 Beta installed, then do not flash the *.zip below. First of all, rollback to the previous stable release, which can be downloaded from here. You can then use the official ‘Recovery update’ instructions to flash the file.
- This process will not wipe any data. But it is always better to be extra precautious while performing manual updates. So, before you move ahead to the instructions, make sure to completely backup your Mi 6: Tutorial
- Charge your device to at least 50-60% battery juice to avoid any hiccups during the update process.
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 Stable ROM
- Start by downloading MIUI 9 Stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 on your PC: miui_MI6Global_V22.214.171.124.NCAMIEI_6f040fa634_7.1.zip
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable and enable MTP/File Transfer mode.
- Transfer the file to the root (outside all folders) of the device’s internal storage.
- Then disconnect your Mi 6 from the PC.
- Go back to the Homescreen and open the ‘Updater’ app.
- Tap on the 3-dot overflow menu button on the top-right of the Updater screen.
- Select the ‘Choose update package’ option.
- Navigate the internal storage and select the full ROM package (miui_MI6Global_V126.96.36.199.NCAMIEI_6f040fa634_7.1.zip).
- Press on ‘OK’ to confirm the flashing process.
Your Mi 6 will now start the update process and reboot your device into the updated ROM. That’s it! You have just installed Xiaomi Mi 6 MIUI 9 Stable ROM, even before the OTA reached your device.
If you face any issues during the update process, don’t hesitate to ask us by commenting below. We will be more than happy to be of any assistance.
Screenshot credits: XDA Senior Member kolembo