Here’s how to get Google Pixel 2 features on any Android device. In this post, we will guide you on how to download and install Pixel 2 Experience Magisk Module.
The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL were two major attractions of 2017 and are still gaining a lot of recognition in the market. Well, that’s partly for the fact that the devices are manufactured by Google itself. The other two factors affecting its success is the powerful hardware and up-to-date software. On the hardware end, the device includes a dedicated NPU (Neural Processing Unit) and a single-lens camera with remarkable abilities to capture photos. When it comes to the software, both the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL run on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo. Apart from these major aspects, there are tens of features on the inside that make the devices stand out among the competition. So, if you wish to get Pixel 2 features on your device, then follow the steps below to install Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module.
During the past few months, we have seen enormous ports, mods, and extracted apps that’d allow users to treat their Android devices with Pixel 2-exclusive features. It indeed helped the OEM device owners to enjoy features like Google Lens, Pixel 2 Launcher UI, Portrait mode in Camera app, and more. But with the multitude of independent ports/mods, it was quite difficult for users to get them all at once. It means, you’d probably need to search for each mod individually and install/flash them onto your Android device.
Not anymore! Thanks to XDA member joeyhuab, users can now easily get Pixel 2 features on their device using the Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module. The idea behind this module is to collectively bring all the available mods and ports at one place, for easier installation. We’re thankful to the developer for coming up with this mod. So what exactly could you expect to see after enabling this module? Follow the list below.
- Ruthless Pixel Launcher v1.5
- Pixel launcher icons
- Google Pixel 2 ringtones, notification tones, UI and alarm sounds.
- Dynamic Pixel Dark theme or light theme based on wallpaper colors.
- Google Assistant
- Google Lens feature in Google Photos app
- Camera2API support
- Google Wallpapers app with Pixel-exclusive wallpapers
- Google Product Sans font for Android 8.1 Oreo devices
- Night Light support
The Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module is only compatible with device running Android 8.0 Oreo or above. It doesn’t matter if your phone is operating on the official firmware or Android Oreo custom ROMs like LineageOS or Resurrection Remix. Once you have confirmed that your device supports this module, you may go ahead and follow the instructions.
- Your phone must be running Android 8.0 Oreo or above.
- In order to use this module, you will first need to install Magisk on your device.
- If you have TWRP installed, take a Nandroid backup of your current setup as an escape route.
Download Pixel 2 Experience Magisk Module
- Pixel_2_Experience-v1.5.zip (Latest)
For older versions, visit this post. Note that previous versions may include different mods or apps than those mentioned above. Once you have grabbed the Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module zip, follow the instructions below to install it.
Steps to Install Pixel 2 Experience Magisk Module
- First, download the module zip file.
- Connect the phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file to the phone’s storage or SD card.
- Once copied, disconnect the device.
- Next, go to the app drawer and launch “Magisk Manager”.
- Tap on the menu icon on the top-left of the app’s window.
- Select “Modules” and tap on the “+” plus icon located at the bottom.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the module ZIP file (Pixel_2_Experience-v1.5.zip).
- Magisk Manager will automatically install Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module on your device.
- Finally, tap on the “REBOOT” option.
When your phone boots, it shall be completely revamped like the Pixel 2. So, you have just been able to get Pixel 2 features on your phone using the Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module.
How to Uninstall Module?
Since the module makes use of overlays for certain feature(s), it requires you to follow a specific procedure to uninstall the module completely.
- First, open “Magisk Manager”.
- Tap on the menu icon and go to “Modules”.
- Tap on the uninstall icon (bin) beside the module name.
- Next, download “SubstratumRescue_06082017.zip” file and transfer it to your device.
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery.
- To finally uninstall Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module, flash the “SubstratumRescue_06082017.zip” file.
- Reboot your phone into the OS.
Users with Nougat or below will still need to apply the mods individually. We look forward to the developer to bring support for previous Android versions as well. Developer joeyhuab also plans on adding the Pixel 2 Navbar, but it still seems to be a dodgy hack at this moment. We will be updating this post and reporting you of any progress in the module’s development. You can also visit the original XDA thread for more discussions and direct updates from the developer.
So, this was the easiest way to get Pixel 2 features on your Android device using Pixel 2 Experience Magisk module. If you’ve any questions regarding the mod or the installation process, kindly drop a comment.