Following this guide, you will be able to Root Moto E4 Snapdragon and install TWRP recovery on it pretty easily. This method is only applicable on the Qualcomm Snapdragon variant of the device, launched in the USA.
Moto E4 is one of the good budget Android phones. This phone comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425/427 processor. This Phone is currently running on Android 7.0 which is Nougat. In this guide, we will teach you on how to Root Moto E4 Snapdragon and Install TWRP Recovery. Rooting Motorola phone is not really tough, so without any further delay, let’s get started.
- Enable Google Lens on Android Devices (Root)
- Enable 280 Character Tweets and Tweetstorm Feature on Rooted Devices
- How to Stop Android Wakelocks using WakeBlock (Root)
- 10 Top Root Apps For Android – August Edition
How to Root Moto E4 Snapdragon and Install TWRP Recovery
Loads of features will unlock after rooting Moto E4 and you can do so many customizations through TWRP and with the help of root. You can also access and use root-enabled apps on your phone after following this process. You would like to root Moto E4 Snapdragon and install TWRP because of lots of customization. Lineage OS 15 is also going to be available soon. We will update it soon. For now, follow the instructions below to root Moto E4 Snapdragon.
- The process will fully wipe your device including the internal storage. So, follow our extensive guide to backup your phone completely.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android and set up ADB/Fastboot on your PC: Tutorial
- Your Moto E4 must have an unlocked bootloader: Tutorial
- Download and install Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 60-70% battery level to avoid any disruptions during the root process.
Once you’re done with these, you shall read below on how to easily root Moto E4 Snapdragon and install TWRP recovery on it.
Rooting the Moto E4 will void the phone’s official support and warranty. We will not be responsible for any damage to the device, whatsoever. However, if you come across any problems, we will help you to the best of our capability.
These are the required files to root Moto E4 Snapdragon variant.
Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E4
Before you root Moto E4 Snapdragon, it is important that you install TWRP recovery on Moto E4. Remember bootloader should be unlocked. Download the TWRP recovery image for your device from above.
- Boot your Moto E4 into fastboot mode. To do so, switch it off and press and hold the Volume Down + Power Button altogether.
- While your phone is in fastboot mode, connect it to the PC using the USB cable.
- Now, copy the downloaded TWRP image file (twrp-perry-3.1.1-r3.img) file to the C:/adb folder (Prerequisites, #2).
- Go to the C:/adb folder, press SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space. Select “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Now, in the PowerShell window, enter the following command to confirm that the device is connected successfully:
- If you see your device’s serial number listed, then it’s good. If not, then make sure to install the USB drivers properly.
- After this, enter the following command to flash the TWRP recovery image on your device.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-perry-3.1.1-r3.img
- When the process is complete, close the window and disconnect the device.
Now that you have TWRP installed, let us move forward to root Moto E4 Snapdragon using Magisk.
Boot to TWRP recovery
While your E4 is in fastboot mode, use the Volume keys to highlight Recovery mode and press the Power button to select it. Your phone will reboot and you shall see an Android bot on the screen.
Now, while holding the Volume Up button, tap the Power button once to enter TWRP recovery.
Root Moto E4 Snapdragon using Magisk
Now, follow the instructions below to root Moto E4 Snapdragon by flashing Magisk through TWRP.
- In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe’ » ‘Format Data’ and enter “Yes” in the field. This will wipe your phone data. The process also removes encryption, which is the whole point here.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu and select ‘Reboot’ -> ‘Recovery’. This will reboot your device back into TWRP.
- Download the ‘Magisk-v14.5(1456).zip‘ and ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt zip‘ files from the downloads section above.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Go to ‘Mount’ and press the “Enable MTP” button. Transfer the Magisk and no-verity files to the root (outside all folders) of the internal storage.
- Select ‘Install’ from the TWRP main menu and then select the ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip’ file.
- Swipe the “Swipe to confirm Flash” button on the bottom.
- Repeat step #6 again to flash the ‘Magisk-v14.0.zip’ file.
- Once the process is complete, tap on the ‘Reboot system’ button.
You have now been able to root the Moto E4 Snapdragon and install TWRP recovery. Go ahead and install some Magisk modules to customize your device and add more features to it.
Check out more guides to root Moto devices:
If you have any problems rooting this device or installing TWRP, you can leave a comment below.