While Instagram doesn’t allow it officially, there are certain ways to save Instagram photos on your Android device and they are mentioned below.
Instagram has been in our lives for 6 years now and the number of people using it is ever increasing. The Instagram Android app has seen a lot of changes, improvements, and new features during this time. But it still lacks the most fundamental feature, to save Instagram photos. You are only allowed to share the image posts over messages and emails. The obvious reason behind it is the privacy of users. Only time will tell if they would eventually add such feature.
Recommended: How to Add Multiple Accounts on Instagram
Below we will show you how to save Instagram photos from your feed and how to save your own photos. Plus we will also let you know how you can do the same on a PC, so stick to reading!
How to Save Instagram Photos from your stream
So the steps below will help you save Instagram photos of your followers or those who you follow. Let’s get into it!
- The method is assisted by using a dedicated app for the job. While there are a lot of apps for it, there is one that we prefer the most is “Regram (Repost for Instagram)“. We choose this app because it is more efficient and productive, compared to others out there.
Plus, it not only lets you save Instagram photos but also allows you to repost them on your profile along with the original caption, which is great!
- So download the app from the Google Play Store.
- Once downloaded, you need to configure the app for automation. So run the app and go through the on-screen instructions.
- Now all you need to do is open Instagram and browse to the image that you want to save. Then tap on the 3-dot overflow button on the top-right of the post window and select “Copy Share URL”.
- As soon as you do that, the image will automatically be downloaded through the Regram app and ready for you to share or repost it.
- The app also has a preview mode feature, that will display a pop-up any time you select “Copy share URL”.
That’s how quick and easy it is to save Instagram photos from your stream. Now let’s get to download your own photos from Insta.
How to save your own Instagram photos
By default, Instagram saves all your posted photos on the storage, unless you have nudged through the settings and somehow disabled a very specific feature. And if you have done it in a haste, then I think it’s the best time to turn it back on.
- Open the Instagram app and select the profile icon on the bottom-right.
- Tap on the 3-dot overflow button on the top-right of the window to open the settings.
- Now scroll down to the “Settings” area and switch ON the “Save Original Photos” option.
- So whenever you post a video or a photo now, it will also be saved on your device’s storage automatically.
Save Instagram Photos on your PC
The web interface of the Instagram service lacks a lot of features when compared to the app. This makes you do even less, but you can still save the photos you like right on your desktop using a simple online tool. If you’re thinking of saving your own or someone else’s photo to transfer it to another device or may be just for fun, then this will surely help you.
- Open the Instaport website on your PC.
- All you need to do is copy the profile URL of the account of whose photo you want and hit “Continue”.
- The online tool will fetch all the photos of that specific account and allow you to download them individually or all at once.
- The only requirement of this tool is that the account URL you enter must a public profile and NOT PRIVATE.
So there you have it! This is how you can easily save Instagram photos on your Android phone and also your PC. If you have some better options for the job, do let us know about it through the comments.
Don’t forget to share this article on your social media and help your friends download photos from their Instagram.