Updated: 23 June 2019
1. Who we are
Our website address is https://www.thecustomdroid.com, which is owned and managed by Mr. Dhananjay Bhardwaj.
2. How do we collect information from you?
We collect information about you when you use our website, post comments or if you register to receive one of our weekly newsletters.
3. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The use of our services will automatically create information that will be collected. For example, when you use our Services, how you use the Services, information about the type of device you use, your Open Device Identification Number, date/time stamps for your visit, your unique device identifier, your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and domain name are all collected. This information is used on our Site for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, and improve our site and services;
- Respond to comments and questions posted by you;
- Send information including confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Develop, improve, and deliver marketing and advertising for the Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to maintain and improve the performance of the Services.
The law states that we can store these cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. We also use third-party advertising companies (Google Adsense) to serve ads when you visit our Site, and they may deploy cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
For more information on how to set your browser cookie restrictions, please refer to your browsers help function. Please be aware that restricting cookies could seriously restrict the functionality of our Site.
You can prevent Google from collecting and processing data generated by the cookie and your use of our website, as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the Google browser plug-in. Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether cookies are set and to delete them. Visit your browser or device “Settings” or “Help” menus for more details.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form (such as the user’s name and email address), this information is recorded by us. Users can easily contact us if they want to remove/erase/correct/view this information (Please refer to the “What rights you have over your data” section below). Should you (the User) not want to save cookies on the browser, then please do not select the “Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment” option while commenting.
Our automated spam detection service (Akismet) also records information includes the commenter’s (User’s) IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to this Site can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Please visit their websites to learn more about how they collect your data.
Please note that turning off advertising cookies will not mean that you are not served any advertising, but rather that it will not be tailored to you. Because some cookies are a part of the functionality of the website, disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website.
4. Who we share your data with
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes such as personalized ads, comments, newsletters, and others are outlined above.
We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
5. Where we send your data
As outlined above, TheCustomDroid.com may send the required data to the following third-party networks:
6. How long we retain your data
TheCustomDroid.com strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Information collected using Google Analytics is retained for a period of 14 months. After the end of the retention period, the data is deleted automatically.
7. How we protect your data
We strictly protect the security of your personal information and honor your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- We keep our software up to date and take a regular audit to improve security.
- We use 2048 bit SSL certificate with modern TLS for the encryption.
- We use the highly strong password and Two Factor Authentication everywhere.
- We are also using security measures provided by CloudFlare to protect the Site.
8. What data breach procedures we have in place?
- We will notify you via email within 1 business day
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
9. Your choices
We believe you should have choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Site, you can limit the collection, use, and sharing of your personally identifiable information. For information regarding your choices related to interest-based advertising, please refer to “Advertising” subsection under “What personal data we collect and why we collect it” section above.
- All personally identifiable information is provided on a voluntary basis. If you do not want TheCustomDroid.com to collect such information, you should not submit it to the Site. However, doing so will restrict your ability to access some content and use some of the functionality of the sites.
- You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail marketing messages and newsletters from TheCustomDroid.com by following the instructions contained within the emails and newsletters, or by e-mailing or writing us at the addresses below.
10. What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments on this site and/or signed up to newsletters, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
In brief, You (the User) have the following rights over the personal data you share and/or have shared with us:
- Access Your personal data;
- Correct errors in Your personal data;
- Erase Your personal data;
- Object to processing of Your personal data;
- Export Your personal data.
If you wish to make use of any of the rights stated above, you can simply contact us by sending an email to the address mentioned at the end of this page. We adhere to comply with your rights completely.
11. California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information:
- By sending us an email at the given email address below.
12. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We adhere to the following COPPA tenants:
Parents can review, delete, manage or refuse with whom their child’s information is shared by contacting us directly.
13. Your Consent
14. Who can I ask if I have any additional questions?
8/24A, 1st Floor
Double Storey, Vijay Nagar
Pincode – 110009
Email: [email protected]