Through this post, you can download the Nokia Online Service Tool v6.0.4 with Patch. Users can use this tool to flash the stock firmware in .nb0 and .mlf format to upgrade, downgrade (In given situations) and restore their Nokia Android phones.
Table of Contents
What is Nokia Online Service Tool?
Nokia Online Service Tool is a firmware flashing software developed by HMD Global for their Android-based phones. It is used by the manufacturer internally or in service centers, to restore stock/factory software in case of any issues. The tool is often abbreviated as “Nokia OST LA“.
The tool supports stock firmware in .nb0 format. There is also a newer version (Nokia OST LA 6.1.2) available that supports the newer Oreo/Pie firmware, but it could not be patched yet. So, with the newer Android Oreo and Pie firmware, you will further need to extract the properly formatted .mlf file to flash the stock firmware on your Nokia Android phone. We will soon be covering a tutorial on how to do that.
The official version of the tool is available online, but it could only be used with a valid username and password, something that only the official Nokia service center representatives have. In order for an average user to use the tool to flash stock firmware, it must first be patched.
Nokia OST LA 6.0.4 can be used to flash stock firmware on any Nokia Android phone that has its bootloader unlocked officially or unofficially. Following is the list of Nokia smartphones that support the tool:
- Nokia 2
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 5.1
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 6.1/X6
- Nokia 8
- Nokia 8 Sirrocco
- Nokia 9
Recommended: How to Unlock Nokia 8 Bootloader (Official Method)
Download Nokia Online Service Tool 6.0.4
The current version of the tool that can be patched and used to flash stock firmware on Nokia Android phones is v6.0.4. You will find the download Nokia OST LA 6.0.4 with Patch from the links below.
Install Nokia Online Service Tool on the PC
- Download Nokia Online Service Tool 6.0.4 and the Patch file
- Extract the ‘Nokia_OST_LA_6.0.4.zip‘ file on the PC
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the ‘Launcher.exe‘ executable file to launch the Nokia OST LA installer
- Click on ‘Next‘ and again on the ‘Next’ button to install the Nokia Online Service Tool on the PC
- Once the installation finishes, click on the ‘Close‘ button
- Now, extract the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.zip‘ file on the PC
- Open the extracted folder and copy the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe‘ file
- Go to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA‘ on the PC
- Paste the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ file in the folder and replace the existing one when prompted
- Finally, delete the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe.config’ file present in the folder
Once you have successfully copied the patch file and deleted the said config file, the tool will be ready-to-use.
How to Flash Stock Firmware using Nokia Online Service Tool
- Go to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\OST LA’ on the PC
- Double-click on the ‘OnlineUpdateTool.exe’ executable file to launch the tool
- Click on the ‘Next’ button
- Select the stock firmware file in .nb0 or .mlf format for your phone
- You can get the stock firmware for your Nokia phone from the dedicated XDA forum or from this repository by Hikari_calyx.
- Power off your phone completely and boot it into Download Mode
- To do so, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together, and plug the phone to the PC using the USB cable
- Click on the Edit Phone Information button in the tool window
- You should see an error message on the PC, click on the ‘Ok’ button to bypass it
- The firmware installation should now begin, so hold back patiently and keep the phone connected until the process is complete.
While the tool is available for flashing stock firmware to manually update and downgrade Nokia phones, it should be used with caution and prior knowledge. Using the wrong firmware file or trying to downgrade without knowing the limitations would brick your phone. If you have any questions regarding the tool, just drop a comment below.
So there you go, you have just been able to download Nokia Online Service Tool (OST LA) 6.0.4. You can now use it to flash stock firmware on your Nokia Android phone.