OnePlus X OxygenOS 3.1.3 update is rolling out over-the-air. Marshmallow has finally arrived for you!
Even when the latest Android version is out, OnePlus is still struggling to provide Marshmallow support for its devices. Today, the team pushed Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.1.3 to its OnePlus X users. It is sort of late, but then as said – “Better late than never”.
Related: Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP, and Root OnePlus 3
The announcement was made by a staff member at the OnePlus X forums. The major changes and additions are listed below:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- Upgraded launcher with new icon packs, new wallpaper picker, and some Google search bar customization.
- Adjusting the Shelf is now even easier. You can long-press boards to rearrange or remove them.
- Native Marshmallow app permissions support and new Alert Slider settings.
- OnePlus Music Player and Gallery are now embedded for better multimedia experience.
- The latest October Android security patches are included.
- Other general bug fixes
Now there are two different ways if you would want to install this update on your OnePlus X. The first and the most obvious method is by receiving and installing the OTA update. But that requires patience since not everyone will receive it in one go. The roll-out occurs on levels, so your friend with the same device may receive it early than you, or vice-versa.
But if you don’t like to wait that long and want to install it instantly, you can do it by manually flashing the OTA file through the stock recovery. If you don’t have the patience to get Marshmallow on your OPX, you can follow the steps below.
Steps to Manually Install OnePlus X OxygenOS 3.1.3 Update
- Your device should have stock or TWRP recovery installed for this to work
- Now, download the OTA package: Download link
- Connect your OnePlus X to the PC using an appropriate USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded OTA update package – “OnePlusXOxygen_14_OTA_018_all_201609291837_741146bcf28e4587.zip”, to your device’s internal storage or SD card.
- Disconnect the device and power it off.
- Reboot into stock/TWRP recovery – Press the Volume Down and Power buttons altogether until you see the recovery mode.
- Stock Recovery: Tap on “Install from local”. Navigate your device’s storage and select the OTA update file.
- TWRP Recovery: Tap on “Install”. Browse the storage and select the OTA update file.
- It would take a few minutes for the update to install. Reboot your device when the installation process is complete.
That wasn’t time-consuming or difficult at all, was it? You can now enjoy Android Marshmallow on your OnePlus X. If you have any queries, you can drop a comment below.