Have you tried installing ViPER4Android on your Android device running Android 10? If yes, then you’d have probably failed. But don’t worry, it’s a known issue. In this guide, we will show you how to install ViPER4Android on Android 10 Q. The method used here is fully working and has been personally tested by us on two different OEM devices including the Pixel 3 XL on Android 10.
ViPER4Android (Abbreviated as “V4A“) is one of the best Audio enhancing mods available for Android devices. And we already have a detailed tutorial on how to install it on any Android version, from 6.0 Marshmallow up to Android 9 Pie.
However, if you try the same method to install it on your device running Android 10, it will not work. The required drivers will fail to configure and prompt you to re-install them, again and again. That’s probably because of the new changes introduced in Android 10 and the mod has not yet been updated to support it.
So, how can you install ViPER4Android on Android 10? Well, to be honest, the process is not the simplest one out there. It’s pretty much a hit and miss process, but it will surely work! It has been tested and confirmed to be working on Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, OnePlus 6/6T (Thanks priba77 for confirming!), OnePlus 7/7 Pro, along with several other devices running Android 10 (Q).
Before You Begin
Before you head over to the instructions, make sure to fulfill all the requirements as stated below.
- Your Android 10 device must be rooted with Magisk. If it’s not rooted, then you can follow the instructions here on how to install Magisk or search our site’s database for your device-specific rooting guide.
- Ensure that you uninstall any audio modification library and any previous version of ViPER4Android that you might have installed earlier. Once uninstalled, reboot your phone and then only proceed ahead.
Steps to Install ViPER4Android on Android 10 Q
- Download the latest ViPER4Android v18.104.22.168 APK from here.
- Install the downloaded APK on your Android 10 device using a file manager app.
- Launch the ‘ViPER4Android’ app but do not install the drivers right now.
- Open ‘Magisk Manager’ and go to the ‘Downloads’ section of the app.
- Search and find the “Audio Modification Library” module and press the download icon next to it.
- Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ button to install the module on your device.
- Magisk module installer will prompt you to reboot but do not reboot your phone yet.
- Now go back to the ViPER4Android app, tap on “OK” to install the required V4A drivers.
- Grant the Superuser permissions to the app when prompted.
- After the drivers are installed, the device will automatically reboot.
- Once the device reboots, go to ‘Magisk Manager’ → ‘Modules’ and uncheck the ‘Audio Modification Library’ to disable it.
- Now head back to ViPER4Android, repeat the driver installation process, and let the device reboot.
- Once the device boots, launch the ViPER4Android app. Now, if the drivers are installed properly, you’re done! If not, only then follow the steps further.
- Go to ‘Magisk Manager’ → ‘Modules’ and re-enable the ‘Audio Modification Library’ module.
- Open ViPER4Android, install the drivers when prompted, and let the device reboot.
Note: For some users, rebooting the phone after disabling the AML module in step #11 can help in the proper installation of V4A drivers (Step #12). Thanks to our fellow reader skythian for the tip!
This time, the drivers should be properly installed and ViPER4Android should be running on your Android 10 device. You can now go ahead, enhance your phone’s audio using the available controls, and unleash the audiophile in you.
The method might seem a bit lengthy at first but isn’t complicated at all. It seems like the installation of ViPER4Android and Audio Modification Library should be done in a specific order in order to make it work.
Once the original developers of the mod pittvandewitt and MrWhite214 (Team_DeWitt) update it to support Android 10, we are certain that the installation will again be much easier and direct.
So, you have just been able to install ViPER4Android on Android 10 Q. If you have any questions regarding the process, make sure to ask us by commenting below. Make sure to include your device name (with the model number, if applicable) and the ROM you’re using. We will try to the best of our knowledge to help you.