Google Camera Port, or more popularly known as “GCam Port”, has been released for the OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro. Ports of Google Camera v6.2.030 and v6.1.021 are now available for these devices. In this guide, we will show you how to download and install Google Camera (GCam) Port on your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro.
The latest flagship devices from OnePlus boasts of triple rear camera with an impressive 48MP main camera lens. On paper, it sounds a great deal, but in reality, you would end up wanting for more. As a result of which many users have turned towards the Google Camera ports for their OnePlus 7 (Pro) devices rather than sticking with their stock camera app.
Apart from improving the overall picture quality by a great margin, these camera ports also manage to score better than its stock counterpart on features such as Slow Motion and NightSight. So if you are also interested in giving these a try, then you can download Google Camera Port for OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro from below and install it to notch up your phone’s camera performance.
It has barely been over a month since the launch of OnePlus 7 (Pro) but its customization and developments have already started garnering a healthy pace. And among all the available mods and apps, GCam Port has been the most requested one. Keeping this in mind, several developers have started porting the Google Camera over to the OnePlus 7 (Pro) device.
The best part about installing Google Camera Port on OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro is that there is no need to unlock your bootloader. This is because the devices have Camera2API enabled out-of-the-box. The process of installing GCam is also a fairly simple one, all you need is the proper Google Camera Port APK and config file compatible with your device.
With that said, let us have a look at some of the photos taken by the stock camera of the OnePlus 7 Pro compared to those taken by the GCam port. Which of the two cameras manage to impress you more? Look at the below pictures and do let us know.
OnePlus 7 (Pro) Google Camera vs Stock Camera: Photo Comparision
Special thanks to the user over at XDA for sharing these sample pics. The user, named Maverick, first clicked these pictures using the OnePlus 7 Pro stock camera and then by the Google Camera v6.2.021 Port. The photos on the left are captured using the OnePlus stock camera whereas the right ones are taken via the GCam port.
It is quite evident that the images clicked by the Google Camera have a lot more fine detail, better colors and depth. On the other hand, the images clicked by the stock camera have way more saturation and blown-out colors. Also, the images taken from the Google Camera are kind of ‘social media ready’ whereas those clicked by the stock camera requires a lot more tweaking and post-processing before the final upload.
- For best results, we recommend using the Google Camera 6.1 Port along with the supported XML config file.
- Google Camera 6.2 ports are used only when you need multi-lens. And if you prefer to use it, your device should be rooted. Read the tutorial on how to root your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Although there are many XML configs file available for the GCam 6.1 ports, SG ARG 1.1 (Vivid).xml probably gives the best result.
- As of now, the XML files will only work for Google Camera 6.1 ports. The ports for GCam 6.2 does not support these configuration files.
Download OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Google Camera Port APK
Update (16th July 2019):
Arnova8G2 has released stable V2.2.190716.1800 of his port. It is based on Google Camera version 6.2.030 and highly improves the photos taken by Google Camera on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. According to the source, the following is the full changelog of this new version:
- Add HDR+ Auto from pixel 3
- Add Exposure Compensation
- Add Custom HDR+ denoise
- Add Color Capture Support
- Fix Multi-Lens mode
- Fix PatchLoader
- Fix and stability for ZenFone6 and OP7/7Pro
- Google Camera 6.2.030 port by Arnova8G2 (V2.2.190716.1800):
- Google Camera 6.2.030 Port by Arnova8G2 (V2.1.190614.0200):
- Google Camera 6.2.024 Port by Arnova8G2 (V2.0.190420.0415):
- Google Camera 6.1.021 Port by Arnova8G2 (V1.6.190614.0200):
How to Install Google Camera Port on OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro
In order to Install GCam on your OnePlus 7 (Pro) device, go through the detailed steps below. But these steps are to be followed in case you are installing the Google Camera that has a corresponding XML file. If the Google Camera you are about to install is a standalone APK file with no XML config file, then install it as you install a normal APK file.
- Download the Google Camera Port APK for the OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Also, download the corresponding XML file.
- Transfer both the files to your device.
- Open the default file manager of your OnePlus 7 (Pro).
- Inside the internal storage, create a new folder named ‘GCam’ (note the upper and lower cases).
- Once created, open the ‘GCam’ folder and create another folder named ‘Configs’ inside of it.
- Move the XML file (for the corresponding Google Camera) to the ‘Configs’ folder.
- Navigate to the folder where the Google Camera Port APK was transferred earlier.
- Tap on that APK and follow the on-screen instructions to install Google Camera Port on your OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Now open Google Camera app from the app drawer and grant it all the necessary permissions.
- Double-tap right next to the shutter button in the black area.
- The ‘Choose config’ dialog box will now appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘restore’ button to restore the XML config file.
That’s it! Since you have already applied the config file, there is no need to tune-in the camera settings. However, if you aren’t satisfied with the results, you can try tweaking the settings and start clicking amazing pictures with your newly setup GCam. See whether there is any stark improvement in the pictures as compared to the ones clicked from the stock camera.
So this was our guide on how to download and Install Google Camera Port APK on OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro. Which photos are better- the one taken by Google Camera or its counterpart (the stock one)? Was any major difference in both of these pictures? Do share your views in the comments section below.