In this guide, we will talk about How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G5S Plus. Rooting the Moto G5S Plus enables you to attain privileged access over various Android hidden attributes. You may customize anything on your device. Rooting your device permits you to remove all of the restrictions applied by the manufacturer.
Rooting Moto G5S Plus gives you additional benefits like you’re able to install root apps, flash custom ROMs, you could streamline your phone’s performance and several added features. The actual performance of an Android smartphone may only be unlocked after it is rooted. Rooting will give to the privilege to customize your Android to your personal needs.
We are here with a complete working guide on the easiest and confirmed way to Install TWRP recovery and Root Moto G5S Plus.
While rooting you will need to be somewhat careful and move with good caution, if anything goes wrong then you might end up bricking your device. We are not responsible if anything happens to your device. Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you also won’t claim it back.
- The process will wipe your device data, so it is wise to a take complete backup if anything goes unplanned. Again, take a backup first if you do not want to risk your personal data!
- Make certain that your phone has at least 50-60% billed to stop the accidental shut down in-between the procedure.
- The guide will require you to execute ADB and fastboot commands to flash TWRP, so make sure that you have enabled USB debugging on your device, setup ADB access, and have the Command Prompt/Terminal window open for the job.
- TWRP Recovery for G5S Plus
- Depending on the root method you choose (SuperSU or Magisk), download the required files:
Install TWRP recovery on your own Moto G5S Plus.
- Before moving on the recovery part, you must have the bootloader unlocked of your Moto G5S plus. If you still haven’t done it, follow our tutorial.
- Keeping in mind that you have followed the last pointer of Prerequisites and have the Command Prompt window open, enter the command to reboot your device into bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once done, install TWRP recovery on your G5S Plus by typing following command:
Fastboot flash retrieval twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img
- Now you have successfully installed TWRP recovery to your device.
In order to use TWRP mode on your device, you have two options. You either use the fastboot command: fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-sanders.img or while your device is in bootloader mode you can opt for volume keys to bring recovery menu.
When you will boot into TWRP recovery for the first time, it will ask you to swipe to permit modifications in the system. So swipe the button to allow it. Once you enter TWRP main screen, go to Wipe > Format Data and type in “Yes” in the required field to completely wipe the userdata partition and disable encryption.
Don’t reboot your device yet! Now, follow the instructions below to root Moto G5S Plus, which will also disable dm-verity (forced encryption) on your device.
Methods to Root Moto G5S Plus
There are two methods of rooting Moto G5S Plus. You can choose either SuperSU method or Magisk method.
Root Moto G5S Plus using SuperSU
- Make sure you have downloaded the SuperSU zip file from above list.
- Go to TWRP > Mount and enable MTP mode.
- Copy that the SuperSU zip file to your Moto G5S Plus.
- Tap on the “Install” button and select the SuperSU ZIP (SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip) file.
- After selecting the Zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the flashing procedure.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you will be asked to reboot your smartphone. Just tap on “Reboot system” and you are done rooting your Moto G5S plus.
Root Moto G5S Plus using Magisk
- Make sure you have downloaded the Magisk Installer and Magisk Manager from above links.
- Connect your G5S to the PC and go to TWRP > Mount and enable MTP mode.
- Copy the Magisk Installer and Magisk Manager to the internal storage.
- Simply tap on the “Install” button and select the Magisk ZIP (Magisk-14.0.zip) file that you have already downloaded.
- Swipe in right direction to confirm the ZIP file flashing.
- Reboot your device by tapping on “Reboot system”.
- Once you are done with rebooting the system, use a file manager to navigate to the folder where you have copied the file Magisk Manager APK.
- Simply install the Magisk Manager app and your device is rooted now. Enjoy!!
So this was the guide to install the TWRP recovery and root Moto G5S Plus. In case if you have any doubt or suggestion then you can write us in the comments section.
More for you:
- How to Easily Root Moto G5 and G5 Plus [and Install TWRP too]
- How to Install Google ARCore on Any Android Device
- How to Stop Android Wakelocks using WakeBlock (Root)
- How to Install Magisk Universal Systemless Interface
In case if you have any doubt or suggestion then you can write us in the comments section.