OnePlus is rolling out the first OxygenOS update for its latest flagship device. Follow this guide to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T by flashing the full ROM.
OnePlus 5T was announced recently and with its new bezel-less design, it is ready to take over the rivals. The phone has been admired by the public and a huge bunch of crowd has already got their hands on it. While the device is yet to go on sale worldwide, those who have received it have already reported of an incoming update. If you’ve got yours, then here’s how to can manually update your OnePlus 5T to OxygenOS 4.7.2.
Table of Contents
Update OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T
OnePlus’ latest flagship and the successor to the infamous OnePlus 5 is on-route to the worldwide smartphone market. The phone is best known for its bezel-less display and vanilla Android-like software. During the launch event, the company mentioned details on bringing Android Oreo beta program to the OnePlus 5 and 5T this month.
Talking about the software, users at the OnePlus community and Reddit have already reported on the OxygenOS 4.7.2 update for OnePlus 5T (See the source link at bottom). The update is all about improvements and a more polished user experience.
According to the official changelog, this update brings optimizations for the Face Unlock and Fingerprint features, improved EIS functionality while 4K video recording, KRACK WPA 2 vulnerability fix, and several other overall improvements.
You can check for this new update by going to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System updates’ and tap on ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’. If you have not yet received the update, you can use the steps laid in this guide to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
- The instructions and update files are only meant for the OnePlus 5T only. Do not try to install this update on any other device or variant.
- Following the steps in this guide shall not wipe any of your data on the device. But we would still advise you to take a full backup of your phone. You may follow our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50-60% to avoid any shutdowns during the update process.
Incremental OTA Update (4.7.1 » 4.7.2):
Instructions to Install OxygenOS 4.7.2 Update on OnePlus 5T
For your convenience, we have laid down two different methods to update OnePlus 5T. The first method involves installing directly from the Settings, using the Local Upgrade option. The next method is for those running TWRP recovery on the device.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
The Local Upgrade option is the easiest way to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
- Download the OTA package from the ‘Downloads’ section above.
- Connect your 5T to the PC using the USB cable.
- Enable File Transfer mode and copy the OTA package to the root (Outside all folders) of the internal storage.
- Once the file has been transferred, disconnect the device.
- Now, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System updates’.
- Tap on the Cog (Gear icon) on the top-right and select ‘Local upgrade’.
- The system will automatically fetch the update file.
- So, just tap on it and confirm by pressing ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
Your device will automatically reboot into the recovery mode and install the update. Once the process is complete, it will reboot back into the updated OS.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
Now, if you have TWRP installed on your 5T or even if it is rooted, you can still update OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
- Download the full ROM package from the ‘Downloads’ section above.
- Once the file has been downloaded, connect your OnePlus 5T to the PC.
- Copy the downloaded *.zip file to the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device.
- Boot your OnePlus 5T into TWRP recovery mode:
- Power off the device completely.
- Then press the Volume Down + Power button at the same time until you see the OnePlus logo.
- Once your phone has entered TWRP, go to the ‘Install’ menu.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the full ROM zip file (OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_004_all_1711152324_9a7ca8ad1c7d.zip).
- Once the file has been selected, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
- When the installation process is complete, tap on ‘Wipe dalvik/cache’.
- Finally hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your OnePlus 5T will now boot into the updated OxygenOS. So go ahead and let us know if you have felt any significant improvements in the fingerprint sensor and face unlock features. A lot of you would be very happy seeing that the update fixes the infamous WPA 2 KRACK vulnerability too.
You have just been successful to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T. If you have any questions regarding the update process, kindly leave it in the comments.