Follow this guide to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T by flashing the full ROM. You can either install using the Local Upgrade option or flash through TWRP.
OnePlus 5T has received its deserved attention in the last few weeks. It is certainly a device that offers a compelling package of good design, powerful hardware, and a less-bloated software. Well, it seems that the after-sales support for the device is going to be equally commendable. The OEM has announced a new OxygenOS 4.7.4 update for the device. If you’re keen on getting the update right now, then follow the simple steps below to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T right now.
Guide to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T
With the new update announced and previous OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 release for OnePlus 3/3T, the OnePlus 5 users seem to be anxious about what is being done for them. We are quite sure that the manufacturer is working hard and shall deliver an update on that device too.
OxygenOS 4.7.4 was announced today at the OnePlus community (Source link at the end of this post). It is dedicated to the polish bits and pieces of the OS that users have been complaining of. And with the current feedback, it feels like they have partially succeeded too.
Now before we get to guide you to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T, let’s walk you through the changes that you can expect from this update.
- Mode names in the camera UI are present right above the shooter.
- Improvements in photo quality
- Audio improvements with speakers and earphones
- Optimizations for Face Unlock
- Vibration motor optimizations
- Wi-Fi battery usage optimization
- Improved stability of fingerprint and GPS
- Overall bug fixes and system improvements
It is worth noting that the update is still based on October Android Security Patches. Although the fix for KRACK vulnerability is most likely to be included, as it was already present in OxygenOS 4.7.2. According to various users who have already installed the update, the Face Unlock now feels snappier. In the photos department, there are alleged improvements in quality with HDR set to OFF.
These are most likely all the changes and improvements for now. Next, follow up on the steps to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on your device.
- Charge your OnePlus device to a sufficient battery level. This will prevent your phone from shutting down during the update process and may also prevent a soft brick.
- We strongly advise that you take a full backup before you step any further. You may follow our guide on how to completely backup Android devices.
Once you have completed the listed requirements, head down to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.4 Full ROM and OTA
Instructions to Install OxygenOS 4.7.4 Update on OnePlus 5T
Now, what method you choose solely depends on your phone’s current situation. Take a look at the pointers below to find out which one will work best for you.
- OxygenOS 4.7.2 (Not rooted) + Stock Recovery » Method 1 (Use OTA zip)
- OxygenOS previous to 4.7.2 (Not rooted) + Stock Recovery » Method 1 (Use full ROM)
- Custom ROM/OxygenOS (Rooted) + TWRP » Method 2
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
The easiest way to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update is by using the Local Upgrade option in Settings.
- Download the OTA zip if you have OOS 4.7.2 installed. Or, full ROM zip if you have a lower version installed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to the PC and enable File Transfer mode.
- Copy the downloaded update zip to the root (Outside all folders) of the phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the device.
- Go to ‘Settings’ » ‘System update’ and press the cog icon on the top-right.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’ from the list of options.
- Your device will automatically fetch and display the update file.
- Tap on the Full ROM/OTA zip filename.
- Finally, select ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5.
During the update process, your phone will reboot. So let it get through the course. When the phone enters into OS, you will be able to enjoy all the new features without losing any data.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download the full ROM zip from the link above and transfer it your phone’s internal storage.
- Power off the device.
- Boot into TWRP recovery mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power button altogether until you see the OnePlus logo.
- [Optional] If you currently have a custom ROM installed, then make sure to wipe your phone before installing. If you have rooted OxygenOS, then skip this step.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ » ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select the following check boxes as shown in the image.
- Then, swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button on the screen.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and browse to the location where you have transferred the full ROM.
- Finally, once the file is selected, swipe the button on the screen to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on your device.
- Then tap on ‘Reboot System’ to boot your OnePlus 5T into the new and improved OS.
If you face any problems during the update process, then leave us a comment. We shall give our best to answer your queries. There you go! You have just been able to install OxygenOS 4.7.4 update on OnePlus 5T.
Camera App Screenshot: Kushal Pandya | Source: OnePlus