In this post, we will show you how to download latest stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy devices using SamFirm Tool.
Downloading and installing stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device can be helpful in various situations. You might have bricked your device while rooting or installing a custom recovery/ROM. Or, you might be encountering bugs or unexpected issues like a bootloop. Lastly, you might just want to force-upgrade your Samsung Galaxy device to the latest firmware.
In any of these cases, installing the Samsung stock firmware can be really helpful. We already have an in-depth and step-by-step tutorial on how to install stock firmware on Samsung devices using Odin. While flashing the stock firmware using Odin might be easy, but searching and download the stock firmware file might often be difficult and time-taking.
There are several free Samsung firmware archives/hosts out there like SamMobile.com, Samsung-Updates.com, etc. But it could be infuriating because free downloads might often have capped data speeds or require registering an account. Moreover, these stock firmware are huge in size, 1-2 GB or even more for the latest Samsung smartphones and tablets, which can make it extremely annoying when the download speed is low.
In that case, you can use SamFirm tool to download latest Samsung Stock Firmware and we will show you how to do it right here. But before you get there, let us learn more about this tool and how it works.
What is SamFirm?
SamFirm is a tool for Windows PC that lets you download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy devices. The tool downloads all the latest stock firmware (Flashable through Odin) from Samsung servers. It was developed by XDA Senior Member zxz0O0 (View the official XDA thread). Although SamFirm tool has been depreciated and replaced by Updato.com, it still works fine in 2019.
Using the tool is extremely easy, it only requires you to input the device model number and region. Optionally, you can also input additional details like PDA, CSC, and Phone to get the correct firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy device.
It’s worth noting that SamFirm tool only allows you to download the latest Samsung stock firmware for your device. You cannot download an older firmware at all. If you require an older firmware, you’d need to stick with firmware archives like SamMobile, Samsung-Updates, etc or use a third-party source.
Download SamFirm Tool [All Versions]
Although the tool’s development ended while it was in beta stage, you can download all versions of SamFirm tool below. While you would not need an older version in most cases, but we still have provided them for your convenience. All these files were sourced directly from the original XDA thread posted by the developer himself.
- SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip (Latest version)
- A PC with Windows OS (Personally tested on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, and Visual C++ 2010 installed on the PC. Newer versions of the said packages would be fine too.
- An archive tool/extractor like 7zip, WinRAR, etc.
- Enough storage space on your PC’s hard disk. Stock firmware could weigh from 1 GB to 5 GB depending upon the device.
How to Use SamFirm Tool to Download Latest Samsung Stock Firmware?
- First, download the latest version of SamFirm tool on your PC
- Extract the downloaded ‘SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip‘ file
- Open the extracted folder
- Double-click on the ‘SamFirm.exe‘ executable to launch the tool
- Enter your Samsung Galaxy phone’s model number by clicking on the input field next to ‘Model‘
- You can find the model number of your phone by going to Settings > About phone. Example: It is SM-G955F for the Samsung Galaxy S8+. It is important that you input the full model number with the “SM-” prefix.
- Next, enter your phone’s region (CSC/Country Specific Code) by clicking on the input field next to ‘Region‘
- If you don’t know the specific CSC for your device, you can download the “Phone INFO ★Samsung★” app from the Play Store and run it.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct info about your Samsung Galaxy device and also check the ‘Auto’ option in SamFirm
- Once all the required firmware information has been entered, click on the ‘Check Update‘ button
- SamFirm should now start finding the latest stock firmware for your device and corresponding region on Samsung servers. If it fails to find a firmware for your specific model and region, it may be because your phone’s carrier does not use the Samsung server.
- Now, make sure to check the ‘Check CRC32‘ and ‘Decrypt automatically‘ options under the ‘Download’ section.
- The tool downloads stock firmware in encrypted ‘.zip.enc2’ and ‘.zip.enc4’ formats. So, selecting the option will make sure that you get the decrypted stock firmware in ‘.zip’ format.
- Finally, click on the ‘Download’ button to download Samsung stock firmware using SamFirm
As soon as you click the button, the tool will prompt you to select the location on the PC where the file should be saved. Simply navigate to a suitable location according to your convenience and click the ‘Save‘ button.
You have just succeeded to download latest Samsung Stock Firmware using SamFirm tool. Once the firmware is downloaded and decrypted, you can follow our tutorial on how to install it using Odin Flash Tool.
We couldn’t end this post without thanking the developer (zxz0O0) for developing such a tool that still proves itself to be very useful to date.