Yet another update for the OnePlus 5, still based on Android Nougat. Here’s our guide to manually install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update on OnePlus 5.
OnePlus is proving its diligence when it comes to software updates. With Android Oreo for OnePlus 3 and 3T already being released, the work on bringing Oreo to OnePlus 5 has already begun. However, there’s still not designated timeline for it. But even before that, the company is making sure that their flagship device is up to date and offers a stable environment to the users. This new OxygenOS 4.5.14 update is all about the same. It plans on delivering a more secure and bug-free UX. If you have not yet received the update notification, then you can follow this guide to manually install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.5.14 Update
The new update was announced at the OnePlus community, as always by Staff Member – Jimmy Z. According to the announcement, this new update brings the following changes.
- Based on Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Added support for Airtel VoLTE (India)
- Added support for Freedom Band 66 (Canada)
- Fixed KRACK WPA2 vulnerability
- Optimized battery usage and GPS accuracy
- General bug fixes
OxygenOS 4.5.14 update is still based on the September security patch level. But, it has also patched the recently discovered KRACK WPA vulnerability individually. Which means a more secure environment for the users.
The release thread was published yesterday on November 2, 2017. Which means the update has already started to roll out for several users already. Since this is an incremental OTA update, it might take some time before the update reaches your phone. You can go to Settings -> System updates and press the ‘CHECK FOR UPDATES’ button to force-check for the update.
In case you are hesitant to wait any further, you can follow the steps below to easily update your OnePlus 5 from OOS 4.5.13 and install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update right now.
- Irrespective of the method you choose to update with, it is highly recommended to take a full backup of your device before you proceed. This step will secure all the data on the device and if anything goes wrong, you will be able to restore the data. We have our own detailed guide on how to backup Android phones.
- Charge your OnePlus 5 to at least 60-70% battery level to avoid any disturbances during the update process.
- If you’re going to install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update by flashing the OTA *.zip, then your phone must already be running OOS 4.5.13.
- Download the update zip depending upon the method you choose.
Download OxygenOS 4.5.14 Full ROM and OTA
OTA (4.5.13 -> 4.5.14): OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_018-019_patch_1710311604_4f890a6a2.zip
Instructions to Install OxygenOS 4.5.14 Update on OnePlus 5
Now, we will be splitting down the instructions for two different scenarios. First, if your OP5 is completely stock and running 4.5.13. Next, if you have a modified OS, which includes, root, custom ROM, TWRP, etc.
Option 1: Stock device running OOS 4.5.13
- Download the OTA *.zip file from the downloads section above.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to the PC in File Transfer mode.
- Copy the OTA file to the root of the internal storage. By root, we mean the highest level of the directory/outside all folders.
- Disconnect the phone.
- Go to Settings -> System updates.
- Tap on the cog icon on the top-right.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’ option.
- The device will automatically detect the OTA (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_018-019_patch_1710311604_4f890a6a2.zip) zip.
- Select the OTA file and press on ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to confirm and install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update.
- Once the update process is complete the phone shall automatically reboot.
Options 2: Rooted Device/Custom ROM/TWRP
In case you have a rooted phone or have a custom ROM or TWRP installed on it, then the OTA update will fail. In such case, you will have to install by flashing the full ROM zip.
- Download the full ROM zip from the downloads sections.
- Connect your device in File Transfer mode and copy the full ROM file to the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device.
- Boot OnePlus 5 into recovery mode.
- Now, if you have Oxygen Recovery installed, follow step #6 and skip step #7. In another case, if you have TWRP installed, follow #7 onwards.
- Oxygen Recovery:
- Select ‘English’ as the preferred language.
- Go to the main screen and select ‘Install from internal storage’.
- Navigate through the internal storage and select the full ROM zip (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_019_all_1710311604_11573682a759c.zip).
- Select ‘Yes’ to confirm and install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update.
- Press on the ‘Reboot’ option when done.
- TWRP Recovery:
- Select ‘Install’.
- Browse through the phone’s storage and select the full ROM zip (OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_019_all_1710311604_11573682a759c.zip).
- Finally, swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom to install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update.
- This will initiate the flashing process.
- When done, select ‘Reboot System’.
- When done your phone should now enter the updated OS.
If you have any questions regarding this procedure, then you can comment below and ask us.
User feedback is much appreciated by OnePlus. So after you install OxygenOS 4.5.14 update on your device, you can report bugs or provide your valuable input here.