Through this page, you can download full ROM/OTA packages of all the software updates released for the OnePlus 5 and 5T till now. This includes the latest Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.0.0 update that was recently released. Further, you will also learn how to manually install the provided full ROM/OTA updates on your OnePlus 5/5T using the in-built Local Upgrade option or via TWRP recovery.
Android OEMs normally provide support for 2 major Android versions for most of their devices. But updates for some of these devices are often curbed to only one major release due to factors like hardware limitations.
On the other hand, OnePlus has always strived to provide the best software experience possible to their buyers. The 2017-released OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are a stellar example of their dedication to the users. The said phones have recently received the stable Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.0.0 update after about a month of beta testing.
Now, like any other Android device, software updates for the OnePlus 5 and 5T are rolled out to the users over-the-air in a stagged manner. This means the OTA is first made available for a small percentage of users, followed by a wider rollout in the following days/weeks. This ensures that no critical bugs are present in the update before it’s available for everyone. So, that means that you’ll need to be patient and wait for the OTA update to arrive on your particular unit.
But if you wish to skip that waiting period, you can always manually upgrade your phone and that’s what this page is about. Below, you will find the links to download the full ROM/OTA package of the latest OxygenOS update for your OnePlus 5/5T, followed by the instructions on how to manually install it.
Oxygen OS 10.0.0 (Android 10) Update for OnePlus 5/5T
Back in October 2019, OnePlus confirmed that both the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T will receive Android 10, however, no specific ETA for the update was given. The OEM stood true to its commitment and began beta testing Android 10 last month. And now after three beta releases, the stable Android 10 update has now been released for both the phones. This is surely a moment of joy for the phone users who wanted to get a taste of Google’s latest mobile OS.
According to the release notes provided by OnePlus, the following are the list of changes and new features that this update brings.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures (OnePlus 5T Only)
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on the left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned.
As you can see the update brings quite a lot of new changes, including all the standard Android 10 features like the system-wide dark theme, privacy & location controls, improved gesture navigation (only for OP5T), and much more.
Furthermore, OnePlus’ OxygenOS software also adds the new Game Space feature, the ability to block spam messages via keywords, and in-the-works Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS). For all the new OxygenOS features, please visit this page. Not to forget, this latest update also carries the
Below, you will find links to download the full ROM/OTA file of the OxygenOS 10.0.0 update. These links have been pulled directly from OnePlus’ server, so you do not have to worry about their integrity.
- OnePlus 5 (codename: cheeseburger): OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_067_all_2005130007_4e90d4036.zip
- OnePlus 5T (codename: dumpling): OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_067_all_2005130057_6b923fb89f.zip
Make sure that you fulfill all the requirements listed below before you head to the installation instructions.
- Take a backup first! While manually installing updates doesn’t normally erase any data on your phone, we still strongly suggest you take a full backup of all your important data to safeguard it. If you need it, you can follow our detailed guide.
- If you’ll be downloading the full ROM package to your PC and transferring it to your phone, then make sure that you have the latest OnePlus USB drivers installed on your PC. If you will be downloading it straight to your phone, you can skip this.
- Charge your OnePlus 5/5T to a sufficient battery level. This will ensure that your phone doesn’t switch off suddenly during the update process.
Instructions to Manually Install OxygenOS Updates on OnePlus 5/5T
Now, there are two different ways/methods to manually install the latest OxygenOS update on your OnePlus 5/5T. These are as follows:
- The first method is for users who have stable OxygenOS 9 or previous Android 10 Open Beta firmware installed. This method uses the in-built Local Upgrade option in the phone’s settings menu to install the update. This is the easiest and recommended way.
- The second method is for users who have TWRP recovery installed on their phones, regardless if it’s running OxygenOS, a custom ROM, or is rooted. This method uses TWRP recovery to flash the full ROM/OTA package of the update. This will also allow you preserve both TWRP and Magisk root after the update is installed.
So, choose the method that best suits your phone’s current state.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade Option in Settings
First, download the full ROM package of the latest OxygenOS update for your OnePlus 5 or OnePlus 5T. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable and enable File Transfer/MTP mode. Copy the downloaded file to the root of your phone’s internal storage (Outside all folders). Once the file has been copied, disconnect the phone from the PC.
Now, go to ‘Settings’ > ‘System’ > ‘System updates’ on your phone. Then press the cogwheel icon on the top-right of the screen and select ‘Local Upgrade’. The system will automatically detect and fetch the full ROM package.
Finally, tap on the file and select ‘Upgrade Now’ to install the OxygenOS update on your OnePlus 5/5T. Once the installation finishes, your phone will automatically reboot into the latest OxygenOS software.
Note: The first boot after installing an update could take normal than usual, so do not worry.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
- First of all, download the full ROM package of the latest OxygenOS update for your OnePlus 5/5T.
- Next, download the following files as well:
- Connect your OnePlus 5/5T to the PC via the USB cable and enable the File Transfer/MTP mode.
- Transfer all the three downloaded files (full ROM package, Magisk Installer, and Encryption/DM-Verity Disabler) to your phone’s internal storage.
- Once the files have been copied, disconnect the phone from the PC and boot it into TWRP recovery mode.
- [Only if you have a custom ROM installed] Go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’ in TWRP and wipe the ‘Data’, ‘Vendor’, ‘System’, ‘Dalvik Cache’, and ‘Cache’ partitions.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button in TWRP, then navigate to the internal storage of your phone and select the full ROM ZIP file. Then swipe the button on the screen to flash the file and install the OxygenOS update on your OnePlus 5/5T.
- Once the file has been flashed, press the ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’ button.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen, press ‘Install’ again, and select the Magisk Installer ZIP file (Magisk-v20.4.zip).
- [Only if your phone internal storage is decrypted] Tap on ‘Add more ZIPs’ and select the ‘xXx No Verity v4.0.zip’ file to add it to the flashing queue.
- Swipe the button on the screen to flash the file(s) to re-root your phone and optionally disable encryption.
- Once all the files have been flashed successfully, press the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Provided Your Feedback
That’s it! Your OnePlus 5/5T will now boot into the latest OxygenOS software, that is, Android 10-based OxygenOS 10.0.0. So, go ahead and explore all the new features. If you find any bugs during your usage, please consider reporting it to OnePlus here. For details on how to report bugs, visit this page. Providing your feedback regarding the features and reporting bugs can help accelerate the development process, which will ultimately lead to a quicker stable release.
If you have any questions regarding this update or the installation instructions, please feel free to ask me.