OnePlus is rolling out another Nougat-based update for its bezel-less flagship. Through this article, you will be able to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
The release of Android Oreo for OnePlus 5T is still impending. But the OEM isn’t sparing any chance to uplift the overall experience on the current OxygenOS firmware. By the looks of it, OnePlus is probably on top when it comes to delivering regular updates to its devices. The company announced the OxygenOS 4.7.6 update for OnePlus 5T today. It comes with some more refinements to the overall system.
- Enable OnePlus 5T Star Wars Theme/Wallpapers on Any OnePlus 5T
- Restore OnePlus 5T to Stock Firmware and Relock Bootlooader
- Download and Install OmniROM on OnePlus 5T (Android Oreo 8.0/8.1)
- Download OnePlus 5T Star Wars Edition Wallpapers (The Last Jedi)
Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 Update on OnePlus 5T
With OxygenOS 5.0 already being released for the OnePlus 5, the 5T users had their hopes up to see the same. However, as it turns out, there is still some time before Android Oreo arrives for the said device. We are quite sure that it will be rolled out soon.
The announcement for the new update was made at the OnePlus community by Jimmy Z. Now before you even head over to the instructions to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update, take a quick look at the highlights of this build.
- December security patch level
- Overall stability improvements
- Improvements in terms of clarity for taking a selfie in the low light environment.
- Performance improvements for 3rd party camera apps
- Added assistive lighting for face unlock
- Improvements for expanded screenshot
- Wi-Fi display improvements
As you can already see, the first set of improvements are concerned with the camera. Further, OxygenOS 4.7.6 update also incorporates the December security patches. Also, a new ‘Assistive lighting’ feature has been added to the Face Unlock functionality. However, a few users don’t seem to like it that much. Anyways, it can be simply disabled from Settings.
Since the update is incremental, it will be rolling out in phases and can take a bit of time to reach your device. To check if you’ve already received the OTA, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System updates’.
Now proceed ahead to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
- Charge your OnePlus 5T to at least 50-60% battery level.
- Take a complete backup of your important data before updating. You may follow our guide on how to backup Android phones.
Download OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA and Full ROM
- OTA (4.7.5 -> 4.7.6):
- Full ROM:
How to Install OxygenOS 4.7.6 Update on OnePlus 5T
We have provided two different methods to update your OnePlus 5T. Choose the method that suits best to your situation.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade
This is the most direct method to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update. But it requires that your device has stock recovery and non-rooted OxygenOS.
- Download the full ROM (Below OxygenOS 4.7.5) or OTA zip (OxygenOS 4.7.5) from the links above.
- Connect your OnePlus 5T to the PC and transfer the downloaded file to the root of the internal storage.
- Go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System updates’.
- Press the gear-style icon on the top-right of the screen.
- Select ‘Local upgrade’ option.
- The system will fetch the update file. So, tap on the full ROM/OTA file name.
- Select ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T.
Your phone will boot into the stock recovery and flash the update. After which, it will reboot into the updated firmware. To make sure that you do not face any unusual bugs, boot into the recovery and wipe cache after updating.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
The second method is for users who have custom ROM/rooted OxygenOS along with TWRP. In this case, you can install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update by flashing the full ROM zip through TWRP recovery.
- Download the full ROM package from the links above.
- Transfer the full ROM zip file to the device’s internal storage.
- Power down the device completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously to enter TWRP recovery mode.
- Once your OnePlus 5T is in recovery mode, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’.
- Select the checkboxes as shown in the image below and swipe the ‘Swipe to Wipe’ button.
- Go back to the TWRP main screen and tap on ‘Install’.
- Navigate to the internal storage and select the “OnePlus5TOxygen_43_OTA_008_all_1712252114_6e1d0.zip” file.
- Once the file is selected, swipe the confirm flash button to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update.
- After the installation is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
Your device should boot into the updated OS. Follow the on-screen instructions and set up your device. Now go on and enjoy the new improved software on your OnePlus 5T, while you wait for Android Oreo.
You have been able to install OxygenOS 4.7.6 update on OnePlus 5T. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments section. We would be glad to help you in any manner.