A new update for the Moto X Pure is now rolling out worldwide. In this tutorial, we will show you how to manually install Moto X Pure KRACK OTA update.
Motorola has seen a downfall this year, with Xiaomi taking over with its budget smartphones like Redmi Note 4 and Mi A1. But two things that it did over the course is gaining back its sight on software support for older devices and announcing the Android One based Moto X4. A new update for an older device is now rolling out. If you haven’t received the update yet, then here we will help you install Moto X Pure KRACK OTA.
- How to Install Essential Phone December Update OTA (NMJ51B)
- Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Moto G3 2015 (Pixel Experience ROM)
- How to Install ViPER4Android on Nougat 7.0 & 7.1
- Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
Moto X Pure KRACK OTA – NHP25.201.1
The Moto X Pure Edition has recently been given the deserved attention with the Android Nougat update in late September. The OEM has rolled out a small and rather important update to the device.
The new update came in as a surprise to the users. Which indicates, that Lenovo-owned Motorola is now keeping a tab on its promises, especially when it concerns a device that offers the Pure Android experience.
Wait, before you get to the steps to install Moto X Pure KRACK OTA, let us take a look at what this update means to your device. The new firmware focuses on bringing a more secure experience to the phone. The update packs the October security patch level. Which means it fixes one of the most severe Wi-Fi WPA 2 vulnerability (KRACK).
Users expected Motorola to provide the December security patches, like on several other devices. But it seems like the users are still happy since they at least received the update.
The OTA update size is merely 8 MB. So, follow the instructions below to sideload Moto X Pure KRACK OTA right now.
- The method will only work if your device is completely stock. If you have any mods like Xposed Framework installed, you must first uninstall them and possibly restore back to stock firmware.
- The current firmware build installed on your Moto X Pure must be NPH25.200-22.
- Make sure that you take a full backup of your personal data before proceeding. You can also follow our detailed guide on how to backup Android devices.
Download Moto X Pure KRACK OTA
Our heartiest thanks to XDA senior member annoyingduck for capturing the OTA package and mirroring it for the other users.
Instructions to Manually Install Moto X Pure KRACK OTA
- Download the OTA package from the link above.
- Connect your Moto device to the PC and enable ‘File Transfer’ mode.
- Transfer the downloaded zip to the root (outside all folders) of the internal storage. You may transfer it to the external storage if you’re using Adopted Storage.
- Disconnect the device.
- Boot your Moto X Pure into stock recovery mode:
- Power down the phone completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button to enter Bootloader mode.
- Tap the Volume Up key until you see ‘Recovery’ highlighted in the bootloader menu.
- Finally, press the Power button.
- You shall see an Android bot on the screen.
- On this screen, press and hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button once to enter recovery mode.
- You will need to use the Volume buttons to navigate in stock recovery. And the Power key to select an option.
- So highlight ‘Apply update from internal storage’ or ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it using the power button.
- Navigate to the storage and select the “Blur_Version.25.11.22.clark_retus.retus.en.US.zip” file.
- When prompted select ‘Yes’ to install Moto X Pure KRACK OTA update.
- The update process might take a few seconds.
When the installation is complete, select the ‘Reboot system now’ option in the recovery. Your Moto X Pure should now be running the latest update with October security patches. If you have any queries regarding the process, leave a comment below.