This tutorial is all about installing ViPER4Android on Nougat. Read the steps below on how you can get it right now on your device.
The most commonly used Audio modification tool among the Android users is ViPER4Android. It has been making audio clearer and more perceptible on millions of Android devices out there. If you have Marshmallow on your device, you can read our guide – How to Install ViPER4Android on Marshmallow 6.0. Today here, we will be guiding you on how to Install ViPER4Android on Nougat running devices.
After months and months of inactivity, the V4A developer – zhuhang, has finally brought ViPER4Android on Nougat with the official 220.127.116.11 update. While primarily, the update aims at enabling users to install ViPER4Android on Nougat 7.x, it also incorporates some new features.
Changelog (ViPER4Android on Nougat):
- New App icon, package name, and UI
- Added cross-channel (“quad channel”) convolver support. This allows faithful reproduction of sound field effects requiring such cross-channel convolution, such as simulation of speaker sound field on headphones, or crosstalk cancellation (stereo widening) on stereo speakers.
- Added FET compressor (new compressor/limiter simulating operation of FET circuits)
- Support for custom settings storage path (no more looking everywhere on the phone for the settings directory!)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Version: FX version 18.104.22.168 (active)
Codename: (FX version) Beautiful
Compiled date: September 1,2016 / September 4,2013 – Official Release
Operating environment: Android 2.3 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 / 5.0 / 6.0 / 7.0
CPU platforms: ARM (ARM CortexA8 or higher), x86(Atom/i3/i5/i7)
Language: English (US) / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese / more
Installing ViPER4Android on Nougat is pretty simple, given that you meet the requirements pre-hand. If you have found yourself in a sticky situation, then the steps below could be of help too.
Installing incorrect/incompatible mods on your Android device could be harmful. Please make sure that you are aware of the outcome and don’t forget to take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM before proceeding. We shall not be held liable for any damage to your device during the process of install ViPER4Android on Nougat devices. However, if you’re stuck, we will still try to pull you out of any troubles.
A Few Things First
There are a few things to do before you go ahead towards the instructions to setup ViPER4Android on Nougat.
- In order to install ViPER4Android on Nougat, it is important that your device should be rooted.
- Next, make sure that you have no other sound tweak/mod installed on your phone. Also, it is IMPORTANT to uninstall any previous versions of V4A or you will end up having two V4A clashing. The latest update has a new package name and signature.
- V4A requires busybox installed on your device. If it came pre-installed on your custom ROM, fine. If not, then download the BusyBox app from Play Store and run it.
- Install a root file manager. We recommend Solid Explorer File Manager.
- It is highly advised to take a full Nandroid backup of your current ROM setup. If anything goes unplanned, then you can just restore your device back to its previous state.
Steps To Install ViPER4Android On Nougat
- Now that you have everything setup correctly, download the official ViPER4Android for Nougat (FX 22.214.171.124): Link
- Extract the downloaded zip and it will contain two APKs –
- Since we are going to install ViPER4Androi on Nougat here, we will just need the “ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk” file.
- If you have downloaded it to your PC instead, just transfer the APK to your phone’s storage.
- Before we head to the installation, open the root file explorer and grant it root permissions when prompted. Navigate the root/system storage and go to “/vendor/etc”.
- You shall see a file named “audio_effects.conf”. Rename that file to “audio_effects.conf.bak“. While you can also delete the file, but we prefer renaming and keeping it, if we require it in future.
- Open root file manager and browse to the location where the APK is present. Copy the “ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk” file and move it to /system/priv-app.
- We are not done yet. Long-press the file, tap on the 3-dot overflow button, and select Properties. Go to the ATTRIBUTES tab, set its permission to -rw-r–r–, and select APPLY.
- Reboot your device now.
- Now go to the app drawer and run the ViPER4Android FX app. When you are asked for storage permissions, make sure to grant them.
- A prompt will display for driver installation. The last thing to do to install ViPER4Android on Nougat is to select “Yes” to confirm the driver installation process. You will also need to allow Superuser permissions to the app.
- Your phone’s screen may freeze, don’t worry just wait and do not exit the app. When the installation is successful, you will get a message. Tap OK and reboot your device.
- Yeah! You have just installed ViPER4Android on Nougat.
When your device reboots, you will have completely functional ViPER4Android on Nougat. This was simple, wasn’t it? If you have trouble in driver installation, read the troubleshooting section below or comment right away.
If your driver installation has failed while installing ViPER4Android on Nougat, then there could be few reasons behind it. Follow the simple steps below and check if anything helps.
- Getting “Driver install failed: I/O error, please reboot and try again”? Then read step #6.
- Uninstall the current busybox and switch to a different app to install busybox on your Android.
- The most reliable and widely used method to root and manage permissions is SuperSU. If you’re using any other root method, uninstall that and opt for SuperSU.
- Driver installation was successful, but V4A is still not working? The most common reason behind this is that your device may have other sound mods or tweaks installed. Disable them and completely remove them if possible.
- On some devices, you may require changing your SELinux status from “Enforcing” to “Permissive”. You can do that by using the TheSELinuxSwitch.
- If nothing above has worked for you, then you may try switching to a different ROM as your last resort.
- If you still have problems, comment below and don’t forget to mention your device model, ROM, and Android version.
Are you now enjoying the superior sound quality on your device? Share this article on your social profiles and let others know about it too.