Follow this guide to download and install SuperSU zip using TWRP recovery and root your Android device.
Android is a platform of enormous possibilities because of its open source nature. However, manufacturers often tend to bind its devices with services and proprietary software, that not every user would like. In such a case, you would like to root your Android device. Rooting is a pretty broad term when it concerns Android. As a general rule of thumb, it allows you to customize your device beyond the manufacturer’s limitations. Before you even go to the instructions and install SuperSU Zip using TWRP to root your Android devices, let us take a quick look at what it actually is.
Guide to Root Android using SuperSU ZIP and TWRP Recovery
Rooting an Android device can often be a confusing choice for those who are stepping in for the first time. For instance, unmanaged root access can allow any app/service to perform actions on your Android device. These permissions could be leveraged to inject malware or steal personal information. However, that’s not the case when you install SuperSU ZIP on Android and use it for effective management of root permissions.
It is one of most renowned and efficient root solution for Android and was brought into existence by Chainfire. It was introduced as a mainstream app to manage root access rights. The developer focused on creating a unique GUI for end users to handle root permissions easily. Not just that, it also offers several other features to make the overall rooting process more powerful and efficient.
Before you head over to the instructions and install SuperSU Zip, let us take a look at a few benefits of using it as your go-to root solution.
- Easiest root procedure.
- Allows you to control root permissions for individual apps.
- Logs information to locate the frequency of root permission requested by an app.
- Perform a full unroot and restore back to the stock state.
- In short, it just makes your life a bit easier!
- In order to root Android using SuperSU zip, you must first enable OEM unlocking and unlock the phone’s bootloader.
- You must also install TWRP recovery on your Android device.
- Before you follow the steps, make sure to take a complete backup of your phone. We strongly recommend that you take a Nandroid backup of your complete ROM. For all this, you can follow our guide on how to backup Android phones.
Download Latest SuperSU ZIP (v2.82)
Chainfire provides the root packages via two different channels – SR (Service Release)/BETA and Stable versions. For your convenience, we have provided official links for both. It is always advised to use the latest BETA version since it accommodates the most recent changes and support for newer Android versions like Android Oreo.
How to Root Android using SuperSU ZIP?
- First, download the flashable root zip package from the links above.
- Connect your Android device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Enable MTP/Transfer files mode on your phone.
- Transfer the downloaded zip to your device’s internal/external storage.
- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- To install SuperSU zip, you must boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode. The easiest method is to power it down and press the special buttons combination specific to your phone. Or, you can also use the following ADB command in CMD/Terminal to do it. For the command to work, you must first enable USB debugging and install Android SDK tools on your PC.
- CMD/PowerShell (Windows)
adb reboot recovery
- Terminal (Linux or macOS)
./adb reboot recovery
- CMD/PowerShell (Windows)
- Once your device enters TWRP, tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate to the location where the zip file was transferred.
- Select the root zip file and swipe the button on the screen to install SuperSU zip on Android.
- Once the flashing process is complete, hit the ‘Reboot System’ button.
These steps will not only root your device but will also install the official app. So once your phone boots, you can start using root-enabled apps and you shall be prompted to allow/deny root permissions.
Once your device is rooted, you can easily update the official app directly from the Play Store. But if you would like to manually install the latest version, then you can simply download the APK and sideload it on your Android device.
How to Uninstall SuperSU?
- Open “SuperSU” app.
- Go to the “Settings” tab.
- Scroll down below to the “Cleanup” section.
- Tap on “Full Unroot” to uninstall SuperSU and unroot your phone.
- Confirm by pressing “Continue”.
- Reboot your phone.
Now that you have succeeded to install SuperSU, you are all set to use root apps. You can also go ahead and tweak your device with mods like ViPER4Android, Xposed Framework, and more. There’s a lot more you can do now, so explore the possibilities and customize your Android with third-party apps/mods.
So you have just been able to download SuperSU zip and root your Android phone. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, let us know by commenting below.